5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Nav/Uconnect while driving.

Joekid

Reaction score
While driving, Input to the navigation is disabled. Not even A passenger can search for a Destination. Can I disable this instead of having to pull over to search for someplace.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Do you have the 12” display? If you have the screen split you need to have the NAV screen in full display to get the search function to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joekid

Reaction score
Do you have the 12” display? If you have the screen split you need to have the NAV screen in full display to get the search function to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have the 12" full screen on and cannot input/type in destination.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use the send and go on the Uconnect app it works great. Or voice but the send and go works the best

GATORB8

Reaction score
All voice is good for is frustration, I don't think it's ever found a place I've asked for.

When moving, I resort to CarPlay and Waze or AppleMaps for everything that's not already in favorites. At least Siri can find what you ask for, and Waze's voice search is pretty good.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the uconnect app if you select location you can enter a location by name or address and then send it to your truck it will show up on your screen as a destination regardless of screen you are on.

It’s cool because if you are looking for a place and do not know the address you can enter the name and it will list the places that match starting with the closest to your current location. It’s fast also. Faster than the lock and unlock commands.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone no a way to get the keypad to show on Apple CarPlay when your driving? If I my shows when you come to a stop. Which I know why but trying to see if anyone has a way.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our salesman walked us through the Voice Nav when we purchased the truck. It actually works quite well if you follow the steps in order.
Step 1 - Press Voice Button
Step 2 - Say Navigate to
Step 3 - Say the street number...i.e. 8571
Step 4 - Say the street name
Step 5 - Say the city
Step 6 - Say the state
Has to be in order to work, I've used it a few times without issue

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the uconnect app if you select location you can enter a location by name or address and then send it to your truck it will show up on your screen as a destination regardless of screen you are on.

It’s cool because if you are looking for a place and do not know the address you can enter the name and it will list the places that match starting with the closest to your current location. It’s fast also. Faster than the lock and unlock commands.
Thanks. Unfortunately my Uconnect app doesn't work.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talk to Joe at Zautomotive: https://zautomotive.com/

You want his Tazer to enable nav in motion. Currently does not list Ram as being supported... maybe you can talk him into it :)

High quality stuff. Works great.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately my Uconnect app doesn't work.
Have you tried both apps? There is a guardian app and a uconnect app. If one is acting up I use the other. I have both installed on my phone. Also the send and go should always work. Regardless of the remote features working.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried both apps? There is a guardian app and a uconnect app. If one is acting up I use the other. I have both installed on my phone. Also the send and go should always work. Regardless of the remote features working.
I've tried both apps and Mopar site. They only work after I call Sirius and they send a command or if the truck has been running. Either way, it only works for a short time after then stops working again. I will look into send and go.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed that voice prompting is the best way to get around the in-motion lockout.

For those who don't know:

1) If you have the Uconnect app, you don't need to have it open or search from within it. You can use Google maps on your phone to search... and then hit the share button and select send-to Uconnect.

2) When Carplay/Android is connected, long press the voice-activation button. This bypasses the in-vehicle nav and establishes a voice link with Google maps.

3) Read the Uconnect nav manual. As mentioned above, once you get the hang of how it works, it's not bad at finding places.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed that voice prompting is the best way to get around the in-motion lockout.

For those who don't know:

1) If you have the Uconnect app, you don't need to have it open or search from within it. You can use Google maps on your phone to search... and then hit the share button and select send-to Uconnect.

2) When Carplay/Android is connected, long press the voice-activation button. This bypasses the in-vehicle nav and establishes a voice link with Google maps.

3) Read the Uconnect nav manual. As mentioned above, once you get the hang of how it works, it's not bad at finding places.
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck, MJP. I need to qualify though... my experience is based on nav in a 2018 Durango... but it's version 4C so I assume it behaves like Ram.

Funny that on long trips when searching for rest stops, the in-vehicle nav seems way better at finding those. For everything else, the natural-language capability of Google Maps is way easier to use.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck, MJP. I need to qualify though... my experience is based on nav in a 2018 Durango... but it's version 4C so I assume it behaves like Ram.

Funny that on long trips when searching for rest stops, the in-vehicle nav seems way better at finding those. For everything else, the natural-language capability of Google Maps is way easier to use.
Thanks again.

ponypride

Reaction score
If u have uconnect without NAV do you just use Siri to get your location? Do these units support Waze?

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
If u have uconnect without NAV do you just use Siri to get your location? Do these units support Waze?
They support Waze tbrough the phone car play options, both android and apple.

Great feature.

Users who are viewing this thread