5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Bed Extender?

Islander

Reaction score
So I bought a set of bed extension grommets/handles and installed them on both sides at the tail end of the bed so I could use my Rambox bed divider as a bed extender with the tailgate down.

These are what I put on: ALTBET Box Handle and Grommet Kit Fit for Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Replace 68054996AA 68054997AB Amazon.com: ALTBET Box Handle and Grommet Kit Fit for Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Replace 68054996AA 68054997AB : Automotive

When I open up the divider and lock it in place using the grommet handles (or whatever they are called) the Extender is secured but seems wobbly and moves horizontally back and forth a few inches...is this normal?...or is it supposed to be rigid and not move at all?

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not going to be rigid based on the fact that the mounting pegs are rubber. As long as it stays secure to the pegs you should be fine. I have the Mopar pegs, and mine has some movement as well. But it doesn't feel loose at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online