5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless topic......Is there a 5th Gen Wave?

nburd

Reaction score
I have had so many 5th gen drivers "wave" at me (no, not the 1 finger solute thinking I cut them off, or my stunning good looks LOL!). I know there is a Motorcycle wave, Jeep wave and Vette wave (I have had all). The 4th gen drivers do not wave. But there seems to be a trend in my area with 5th gens.

Last edited:

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had a few wave, and I’ve waved at a few

My wife has a wrangler, and I usually kiss a wave or 2 before I start waiving back. She says I give her Jeep a bad name....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had so many 5th gen drivers "wave" at me (no, not the 1 finger solute thinking I cut them off, or my stunning good looks LOL!). I know there is a Motorcycle wave, Jeep wave and Vette wave (I have had all). The 4th gen drivers do not wave. But there seems to be a trend in my area with 5th gens.
That's a yes for me...especially with fellow Longhorn owners, and especially when I'm outside of city limits.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I'm from the vette world and have wondered that too

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have never had any 5th gen owners wave.

Then again, there are so many around here your arm would probably fall off and you'd never have 2 hands on the wheel if we all waved to each other! :LOL:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of, although I've waved to other 5th gen owners and got back only a quizzical stare LOL.

Seems like there's a question like this for just about every type of vehicle forum out there. I used to own 3rd gen Preludes (pop-up headlights), and the "Prelude" wave was to flip the headlight switch up and down at a certain rate and the headlights would alternate left and right open and closed, like they were winking. That worked for 1st gen MR2's also, or so my son informed me.

nburd

Reaction score
That's a yes for me...especially with fellow Longhorn owners, and especially when I'm outside of city limits.
Thanks. I must be privileged as it was a very nice Delmonico Red/Gold two toned Longhorn Owner who waived to me in my lowly Big Horn today, prompting this thread. LOL!

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I’ve had a few waves, Gen 5’s aren’t common here, the islands are Toyota obsessed.

Back on the mainland, real LandRover owners wave, not the soccer mom or yuppie types though.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
I drove a lifted and modded Jeep Wrangler for 9 years. There are a ton of Wranglers in my locale.

The first year the Jeep wave was cool. The second year it was expected. The 3rd year it became tiresome. After that it was like, oh crap it's another Jeep Wrangler, maybe I can act like I didn't see them.

I'm tired of waving, and trucks just aren't that special.

Don't wish for a "5th Gen Wave". You'll long for an innocuous Camry.

Crockett

Reaction score
As a current Wrangler owner and motorcycle rider, my speculation is perhaps those that are waving in their trucks are used to doing that because their other vehicle is a “wave“ vehicle. I know I caught myself waving when not in my Jeep. It seems old habits die hard.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
As a motorcycle rider, I've caught myself starting to wave at a motorcyclist before remembering that I'm in my car. :ROFLMAO: Some habits are hard to break.

highgear2005

Reaction score
I always wave at a sexy girl driving a Jeep. Takes me back to my younger days in my 97 TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, certain vehicles encourage waves. When I drove Jeeps there was a wave. When I drove old classic Mustangs there was a wave. I have a classic Miata that I've owned twice in the last 16 years (I won't sell it this time) and there's definitely a Miata wave.

Where I live everyone waves to everyone else anyway. Not waving is a surefire way to demonstrate you're either oblivious, an outsider, or an a55hole :p

Users who are viewing this thread