5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used RAM values for selling/trading

dinomufin

Reaction score
Considering listing my 2020 Built to Serve and really unsure what to expect or list.

2020, Big Horn, Built to Serve in ceramic grey, 12" uconnect, hemi, 21k miles, off road package, tow package, LED lighting.

Online research finds some BTS trucks out there all listed in the mid-40's but all of them have 1 or 2 less options than what I've got. I'm thinking mid 40's is right. Trade in offer I'm getting is 40k flat and I know I can beat that if I just sell it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering listing my 2020 Built to Serve and really unsure what to expect or list.

2020, Big Horn, Built to Serve in ceramic grey, 12" uconnect, hemi, 21k miles, off road package, tow package, LED lighting.

Online research finds some BTS trucks out there all listed in the mid-40's but all of them have 1 or 2 less options than what I've got. I'm thinking mid 40's is right. Trade in offer I'm getting is 40k flat and I know I can beat that if I just sell it.
I turned my BTS in last week, had air suspension and Rambox. They have it listed for $48k with 20k miles on it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Just like someone else mentioned, the dealer is getting near $50,000 if they are giving you a trade-in for $40,000.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just called my dealer today for fun just to see what they'd offer me. 2021 Built to serve, crew cab, 12" screen, LED headlamps, Ramboxes, ceramic coated, level kit, 33" ridge graps with aftermarket 20s, AMP power steps and a few other smaller mods. Only 3,500 miles on it. I know aftermarket mods don't necessarily add value, but they straight-faced offered me 38k for it lol. I told them to have a nice day. I don't necessarily want to sell it. But I see some of you guys getting crazy offers. If they would of made me a crazy offer, I would of found a different vehicle on their lot to trade into and put that positive equity towards it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just called my dealer today for fun just to see what they'd offer me. 2021 Built to serve, crew cab, 12" screen, LED headlamps, Ramboxes, ceramic coated, level kit, 33" ridge graps with aftermarket 20s, AMP power steps and a few other smaller mods. Only 3,500 miles on it. I know aftermarket mods don't necessarily add value, but they straight-faced offered me 38k for it lol. I told them to have a nice day. I don't necessarily want to sell it. But I see some of you guys getting crazy offers. If they would of made me a crazy offer, I would of found a different vehicle on their lot to trade into and put that positive equity towards it.

I bought mine in Sept 2020, MSRP $55,135 for about $43,500. Now the same configuration is MSRP $7700 more.

I REALLY didn't like the etorque and looked into getting rid of it within the first week. Offers were around $41k. Last year I ordered a Limited w/o eT. Didn't take delivery but would have gotten $47,500 with 6000 miles on it. Right now with 17k it is back to $41k.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

prices coming down, high gas plus depreciation.
last November I think I was quoted 52k on my 21 BTS, last month 40K
Not looking to sell, just curious. both quotes from vroom

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
prices coming down, high gas plus depreciation.
last November I think I was quoted 52k on my 21 BTS, last month 40K
Not looking to sell, just curious. both quotes from vroom
You may not be able to get quotes from them much longer. There’s a possibility they’ll be going out of business after they get done with their current legal troubles. Who knows though, they might make a valiant comeback.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may not be able to get quotes from them much longer. There’s a possibility they’ll be going out of business after they get done with their current legal troubles. Who knows though, they might make a valiant comeback.
I heard carvana was also losing money, crazy times

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I heard carvana was also losing money, crazy times
They bought ADESA recently, and now that Carvana got the class action suit, they’ve announced they’re shutting it down. I’m starting to wonder about them also.

Jimmyk

Reaction score
I was able to get $47k for my 2019 limited that had 24k miles on it. I couldn’t pass up the offer. Was tired of putting $120 in the gas tank every week. Loved the truck but I never used it as a truck. It was my daily driver.

U

User_3336

I was able to get $47k for my 2019 limited that had 24k miles on it. I couldn’t pass up the offer. Was tired of putting $120 in the gas tank every week. Loved the truck but I never used it as a truck. It was my daily driver.
So, what do you have now?

Jimmyk

Reaction score
So, what do you have now?
RAV4 limited Hybrid. Paid cash and saving over $950 a month in gas, truck payments and lower insurance. Big change I know but that money sure is nice for my upcoming retirement.

U

User_3336

Just like someone else mentioned, the dealer is getting near $50,000 if they are giving you a trade-in for $40,000.
Its what they are "relisting" it for, that is not necessarily what they will end up getting for it.

mla413

Reaction score
Was thinking about selling mine...Vroom offered 53,600 about 6-7 weeks ago, dropped to 51k recently.
I originally purchased it to pull a camper which I never ended up buying after further consideration. I have other cars to drive so it's just not getting used much. Amazing vehicle and a great spec with only 2,200 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread