5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used prices

Cuppedup

Reaction score
With today’s market, used rams are low in stock and priced higher than normal. I found a used ram 1500 CC with sport package, ORG, level 2 and premium lighting. MSRP $53,000. Dealer is asking $41,500. Given today’s market is this a fair price? I offered $37,000 + taxes and licensing and dealer said their listed price is the lowest they can go. What do you guys think?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
19,000 miles. It was the salespersons vehicle. I was considering going to $38K plus TTL if they will agree?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your coming up in price, and they aren't coming down, its time to walk away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

smashweights

Reaction score
What's KBB/NADA values? Be sure you're in a fair value range. Go in, take it for a drive, tell them your price, if they say no, then politely leave and let them know they can call if they change their mind. We gave a low end KBB valuation for the truck I bought doing the above and they called me on the drive home twice before finally calling 2 days later and accepting my offer.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The problem is short supply in new stock has raised prices on used inventory. This is all down the line from old cheap used cars to barely used vehicles. It's a sellers market right now, I suggest you wait a bit until production catches us and prices go back down. Right now they are quite elevated.

Cuppedup

Reaction score
The problem is short supply in new stock has raised prices on used inventory. This is all down the line from old cheap used cars to barely used vehicles. It's a sellers market right now, I suggest you wait a bit until production catches us and prices go back down. Right now they are quite elevated.

This is definitely true. Used cars going for slightly less than new. I offered $38K and he said no. Sounds like I’ll be waiting a while.

1GlockFan

Reaction score
With today’s market, used rams are low in stock and priced higher than normal. I found a used ram 1500 CC with sport package, ORG, level 2 and premium lighting. MSRP $53,000. Dealer is asking $41,500. Given today’s market is this a fair price? I offered $37,000 + taxes and licensing and dealer said their listed price is the lowest they can go. What do you guys think?

Finding inventory is tough out here at the moment. It really boils down to, what price are you willing to pay for what you REALLY want? I just picked up my 2019 (2 - 3 weeks ago) 1500 Laramie w/ 22K miles, 5.7L, 4x4, Preferred Package 25H (Sports Appearance Package), Level 2 Equipment Group, 12" Uconnect Display, and Delmonico Red Pearl for $42,600. Did I pay to much? Possibly, I really do not know. In my eyes it was a good deal. It was within the price range that I was looking to spend, it had everything that I wanted, and I only had to drive 13 miles to get it.

I would recommend making a list of the characteristics & features that you must have, and then the price that you are will to pay. What may seem like a good deal to you, may not to someone else. Just remember that it is your Truck. Sorry in advance for the long reply.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you REALLY need a vehicle right now, I’d wait. Once inventory gets back to normal, prices both new and used will settle back down....dragging the value of a vehicle bought today, way down. If you’re the type to keep a vehicle until it dies, not much of a big deal but if you want some trade or resale value out of it later, you’re going to lose much more.

Cuppedup

Reaction score
I’ve got a vehicle now that drives fine. I’m in no rush to purchase a vehicle, however, I’ve been looking for the last year and a half at new rams and have been ready to “pull the trigger” on the right truck for the last 4 months waiting for the right deal. I check all the auto sites...daily...multiple times...for months. It’s driving me insane. I told myself I’m going to take a break from searching until inventory is io but what do I do? Search the very next day.

Max Draft

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Longhorn 4x4 crew cab with every option available except the air suspension. It had 9k miles on it and a couple dents in bumper. Paid $47k for it at a Dodge dealer on the US/Mexico border. Had to travel 9 hours to get it, but was certainly worth it to me at that price. Sometimes you have to expand your search...

ajkeence99

Reaction score
I got a brand new 2020 Big Horn with a $53k sticker for $39k. You might be better off looking that way.

GaryT

Reaction score
Bought my 19 Big Horn with 24k on it in November for $30K. 4x4, 5.7 eTorque, 8.4, front and rear parking sensors, etc. It has 41K on it now and NADA is showing trade in value at $28k-32K, private party at $34k.

hoodac78

Reaction score
I bought my fully loaded 2019 1500 Limited a few weeks back, and there is no doubt that used inventory is slim here in Canada, as it is in the US. My truck had about 27,000km (16,700 miles) and I paid $63,000 CDN ($48,182 US as of today) for it. The previous owner had paid for the protection package, extended warranty and some free oil changes/tire rotations, so that was all transferable to me upon the sale (good deal for me). I had wanted a black one, and was on a bit of a time crunch to get a new truck as I had sold my old one and had a camping trip planned for the following week. Inventory being what it was, I found the silver one which fit the budget and ticked the boxes as far as gear ratio, bigger gas tank etc, so that is the one I went with. I think that when stock levels are the way they are now, a guy has to be willing to be a bit flexible on his wish list and decide what he can and can't live without. Otherwise, its a waiting game until things come back to normal levels. In my case anyway, I am very happy with my purchase and felt like I got a fair deal, especially with the extended warranty and whatnot that was already added in. Good luck in your search!

Last edited:

Jsyjud

Reaction score
I just recently purchased my lease w/ 20k miles (I actually ordered this truck so its hard to find one configured similar) as I was debating purchasing a used one but noticed used prices were high. I have a 2019 Laramie w/ sport package, ORP, convience level 2, utility bed package, trailer brake, 33 gallon tank, etc. and paid $36k (residual value). MSRP was almost $60k when new. After looking at used prices on something similar in my area it was a no brainer.

Attachments

• 20200822_173812.jpg
    20200822_173812.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5

McRib

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 from Enterprise, zero issues with it, the sales process was great. They include an bumper to bumper warranty and road side service for one year.

They seem to have the best deals on used ones.

1599226785754.png

Users who are viewing this thread