5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used catback Exhaust

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on purchasing a used catback exhaust. I always wanted to pull the trigger on the borla s type but never did , mostly bc of cost but also unsure if it would be too loud for my kids and wife on road trips. One has become available and is 3 years old . Has some minor surface rust on the pipes that I could clean up .

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I have a used one from offer up borla atak. For 500.. guy has it on his truck for 5 months only so it was a steal. 3 years tho. Idk, borla says they catbacks should last forever

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought a flowfx and had a local shop put it on. It sounds great and not too loud. You can take the resonators off too to make it louder

Flow Fx 3.00 (Off/Cen) Exhaust Muffler https://a.co/d/9HedgI3

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Should be no issue at all, it's just piping, tubing, clamps and a muffler. All those things can be easily fixed if there is an issue by a competent muffler shop for relatively cheap. If you inspect it and everything appears to be there, shake the muffler and nothing is loose, I would go for it if the price is right.

The surface rust can easily be removed with some 0000 Steel Wool.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Borla exhausts will last near God damn forever even in snowy climates with salt. In fast they come with a 1 million mile warranty (to the original owner)
No reason to not buy it used unless it physically got damaged or there is something shaking in it.

Users who are viewing this thread