5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use key without fob?

ADJS

Reaction score
Hello all!

Just ran into a situation where I did not have the fob on me but I did have they key that is in the fob.

WhenI Opened the door the alarm sounded... in a campground...

Is there a way to disable this?

Is thee a way to unlock the truck and get into it without the key fob nearby but using the key that came with the truck?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just ran into a situation where I did not have the fob on me but I did have they key that is in the fob.

WhenI Opened the door the alarm sounded... in a campground...

Is there a way to disable this?

Is thee a way to unlock the truck and get into it without the key fob nearby but using the key that came with the truck?

No. Think of your fob as an old school alarm remote. If you had the key back then but no way to disarm the alarm, it's going to go off.

What you could try (I've not done this) is to lock the truck with the physical key only. That might mechanically lock it without setting the alarm and then the key would unlock without tripping the alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread