5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb software update

R.Reyes110

Reaction score
My truck is in the shop for unrelated issue but while it's there, I mentioned that when I plug my phone in to use android auto, it takes 10 mins to connect as if the ports need to warm up to connect. They said they checked with another phone and it connected right away. I've tried different cables and phones and it's the same result for me. They said maybe it's a software issue and there is an USB software update but they want $140 to do it. Is there a site to download updated firmware where i can do it myself?
2019 ram 1500 longhorn laramie

RJS

Reaction score
If you go to Here.com and have navigation on your truck, they will sell you the upgrade on a USB stick and new nav software for $99.

The other problem with just buying any update is you'll want to be sure it's OK for your application based on the truck's VIN. Here will ask for the VIN.

Read the warning on the site if you decide to go in this direction as a word of caution, however.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop for unrelated issue but while it's there, I mentioned that when I plug my phone in to use android auto, it takes 10 mins to connect as if the ports need to warm up to connect. They said they checked with another phone and it connected right away. I've tried different cables and phones and it's the same result for me. They said maybe it's a software issue and there is an USB software update but they want $140 to do it. Is there a site to download updated firmware where i can do it myself?
If you are still under warranty, it shouldn't cost anything for a software update.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make and model of your phone?

Bram2019

Reaction score
I highly recommend you use the oem cable that came with your phone. The radio update is covered under Max care service contracts and basic 3/36 warranty. That said the update may do nothing for this issue. It does not make sense they tried another phone and it worked but yours does not.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your phone is a new Samsung or Motorola device there have neem lots and lots of cable related issues with Android Auto. What is the make and model of your phone?

ram813ltd

Reaction score
if another phone connected right away then its not the uconnect system its your phone. uninstall AA and reinstall. also AA will not connect if truck is moving

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if another phone connected right away then its not the uconnect system its your phone. uninstall AA and reinstall. also AA will not connect if truck is moving
AA on my truck will connect anytime I plug in my phone, moving or not

Users who are viewing this thread