5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB power questions

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I to assume that the USB ports under the screen are always powered? I have a wireless CarPlay adapter that I would like to leave plugged in, but am afraid of battery drain especially now that I don't drive everyday. Also, I noticed that the USB port under the lid of the center console has enough juice to charge a phone, but does not have enough juice to drive the CarPlay adapter. surprised that Ram couldn't give all the USB ports the same output.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The ports stays on for 2 hours after leaving the truck. #1 port below the screen is the priority port from what i've noticed. And the center console USB is not that powerful, you are correct.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ports stays on for 2 hours after leaving the truck. #1 port below the screen is the priority port from what i've noticed. And the center console USB is not that powerful, you are correct.
perfect, thanks for the quick answers!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The port under the armrest is also not connected to the infotainment - it is power only. A phone plugged in there wouldn’t initiate CarPlay, not sure the adapter would either

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at each port there is USB and Battery symbol which tell you what port is for:

1./ Battery mean charge only
2./ USB mean it will charge and connect to Uconnect infotainment

Users who are viewing this thread