5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Ports - No Power

DinDallas

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Limited and the USB ports below the Uconnect system suddenly have no power. I've tried two different iPhones and three different cables. The other 3 USB ports (in console and back seat) all work. Is there a fuse for the front ports or anything I can check, or is this something I'll need the dealer to address?

knightro84

Reaction score
In the manual it says Fuse F43 in the "internal power distribution center" (located under the driver side instrument panel) is for the front and rear USB's. I'd check there first. It's a 10 amp (red) micro fuse.

However, since your other USB ports are working, I doubt this is the issue.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Limited and the USB ports below the Uconnect system suddenly have no power. I've tried two different iPhones and three different cables. The other 3 USB ports (in console and back seat) all work. Is there a fuse for the front ports or anything I can check, or is this something I'll need the dealer to address?

Check Fuses 43 and 48

Attachments

• 1547748320385.png
    1547748320385.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 149

Cmoar

Reaction score
Look at your phone when you first plug it in. Does the charge icon come on then go right back off?

That is what happened to me. Rear USBs worked fine. I made an appointment to take it in, and magically everything worked fine next time I drove it (about 2 days later). Hasn’t done it again.

Troyrugsucker

Reaction score
@ DinDallas or others with this problem.My truck is doing the exact same thing. Please report back with the diagnosis ...probably noTSB on this yet. I am expecting a few more "bugs" and don't want to bring it in just for this one thing.... THANKS!

DinDallas

Reaction score
Update on USB power issue. I was prompted to load an upgrade/update to the Uconnect system, after this occurred the front USB ports began working. Getting power and Apple play works just like before.

Troyrugsucker

Reaction score
Update on USB power issue. I was prompted to load an upgrade/update to the Uconnect system, after this occurred the front USB ports began working. Getting power and Apple play works just like before.
Thanks I'll try that! My truck is only 2 weeks old so I would think Connect is current, but???

TheFluke88

Reaction score
Had a similar issue. It was intermittent loss of all 4 USB's in front/back seat. One day it would charge and connect to media, the next 2 days there would be nothing. My dealer tech found the USB media hub was bad and replaced it. No problems since thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/