5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB port light stays on (sometimes)

Reaction score
I noticed on my Laramie the other day that the little illuminated USB port under the display/CD player stays illuminated even when the truck is off and locked...nothing else on; nothing plugged into it.

At first I was chalking this up to it being a “feature” but also noticed it isn’t always that way.

Anyone else come across this?

Art

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening, after a little research at the UConnect web site it’s a feature that keeps you USB ports powered on for a hour after you shut you truck off so if you cell phone is plug in it will keep charging. Mine always shut off after about an hour so I do not think is any thing to sooty about.

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening, after a little research at the UConnect web site it’s a feature that keeps you USB ports powered on for a hour after you shut you truck off so if you cell phone is plug in it will keep charging. Mine always shut off after about an hour so I do not think is any thing to sooty about.
Thanks. Appreciate that input...probably the same thing!

TA5thGen

Reaction score
Mine totally quit working today and they ordered a new media hub

r_wolff

Reaction score
I have had my Bighorn for 2 weeks now, and I am experiencing the same thing. The USB ports on the dash stay illuminated when the truck is off and locked and nothing plugged into them. I been watching this for a few days, and sometimes they turn off and sometimes they stay on. I have looked on the UConnect web site, but have not found this (probably not looking in the correct spot). If this is the case, can you turn this feature on and off?

pimponce

Reaction score
I noticed on my Laramie the other day that the little illuminated USB port under the display/CD player stays illuminated even when the truck is off and locked...nothing else on; nothing plugged into it.

At first I was chalking this up to it being a “feature” but also noticed it isn’t always that way.

Anyone else come across this?
I have the same problem, recently had to buy a new battery and I’m believing this was the problem

Users who are viewing this thread