5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB port in center console, under the arm rest pad.....

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Anyone know what this port does? I can plug my USB stick into the two ports at the front of the console, where they are numbered 1 and 2 and the drive works great, but when I plug it into the hidden USB port (under the arm rest), nothing happens? Any ideas? FYI, I have the 12" screen if that matters, 2019 Rebel.

Thanks!

I think that port is solely for charging. Not connected to any technology in the truck.

I think that port is solely for charging. Not connected to any technology in the truck.

That sucks if true. Perfect spot to not have to see the USB and would allow me to utilize both of the front slots.

Yes that port is for charging only. You can probably take the console apart if feeling ambitious and swap it with one of the rear ports or run a longer cable to one of the front ports, hiding it along the way, to the console.

Anyone know what this port does? I can plug my USB stick into the two ports at the front of the console, where they are numbered 1 and 2 and the drive works great, but when I plug it into the hidden USB port (under the arm rest), nothing happens? Any ideas? FYI, I have the 12" screen if that matters, 2019 Rebel.

Thanks!

USB #3 is in the back if you have that. I keep my Cruzer Fit USB drive for music in the back to keep front slots free

I do like that this port and the top portion of the Limited arm rest has a small opening on the front right where you can stick the end of the charging cord out for passengers to use, if needed. That way I can curl up the cord inside and not have one hanging from the second port under the UConnect screen.

I do like that this port and the top portion of the Limited arm rest has a small opening on the front right where you can stick the end of the charging cord out for passengers to use, if needed. That way I can curl up the cord inside and not have one hanging from the second port under the UConnect screen.

I use the USB charge only for my wife's phone. When she plugged in her cell, it wanted to start Android Auto on her phone with the front port. Problem now alleviated.

There's a port under the armrest? I guess I better read that manual I just got in the mail :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back