5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB on Console question and MPG avg Meter question

ckallina

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the center console USB charge port seems to be intermitted charging? Meaning it charges a few seconds then stops then charges a few seconds and stops. The other questions around the trip mpg meter is what does the 2nd one do? I can hit the arrow to the side and view the other MPG avg meter but it looks the same. If you reset one the other resets as well. This meter is different from the trip A and B. -thanks

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My front USBs did the exact same thing from the day I test drove it. Took it in to dealer within two days, they removed the usb’s...could not find an issue, told me I needed to reschedule, then reassembled the console. Once put back together everything worked as advertised. Not another issue in 2000 miles. I can only believe it’s a grounding issue that got resolved upon reassembly.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "Economy" screen has two pages. One lacks the instantanious mpg, the other has it in the upper right corner. It's a single mpg average regardless of which page. Not sure why they did this.

ckallina

Reaction score
The "Economy" screen has two pages. One lacks the instantanious mpg, the other has it in the upper right corner. It's a single mpg average regardless of which page. Not sure why they did this.
Thanks for the info. I noticed the same. The 2nd page does not have the current mpg. When you reset one page it resets both at same time. Not a big deal but would be nice if you could reset one and not the other.

ckallina

Reaction score
My front USBs did the exact same thing from the day I test drove it. Took it in to dealer within two days, they removed the usb’s...could not find an issue, told me I needed to reschedule, then reassembled the console. Once put back together everything worked as advertised. Not another issue in 2000 miles. I can only believe it’s a grounding issue that got resolved upon reassembly.
Thanks for replying. My first Ram and its great.

Trones

Reaction score
Old thread revival.

Does anyone know what the average is for the avg mpg value? Is it a certain distance? Time? I reset my trip meter and did not reset the avg and have been waiting for the two numbers to match up but 80 miles and 2 hours of run time and they haven't yet.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Old thread revival.

Does anyone know what the average is for the avg mpg value? Is it a certain distance? Time? I reset my trip meter and did not reset the avg and have been waiting for the two numbers to match up but 80 miles and 2 hours of run time and they haven't yet.
My Jeep used a rolling 300 mile average. I suspect the Ram is similar.

Trones

Reaction score
My Jeep used a rolling 300 mile average. I suspect the Ram is similar.
Wow. Wish it was shorter than that but similar to what I am seeing. With my 2011, 2012 F-150's it was time based and you could change the view from 5 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. In my 16 Sierra it was either 25, 50, or 400 mile views.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. Wish it was shorter than that but similar to what I am seeing. With my 2011, 2012 F-150's it was time based and you could change the view from 5 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. In my 16 Sierra it was either 25, 50, or 400 mile views.
You can reset Trip A or B anytime and the average restarts independently on each.

Users who are viewing this thread