5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Music Shuffle Reset

nezperce

Reaction score
I have 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie and I am coming from Lincoln/Ford world and I am a bit confused and annoyed.
I use USB stick to listen music. I choose shuffle on the player. When I turn off the car even for 5 minutes and then restart it, everything resets. The song I listened 10 minutes ago, pops up again. Well, this should not happen, at least it does not happen in Ford.
It seems that each time I turn off the car, USB playlist, while on shuffle, reset itself.
I checked my uconnect version, it says up-to-date.
Is this normal in FCA vehicles?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shuffle starts over each time I cycle the key. The song playing becomes song #1 and a "fresh shuffle" happens.

nezperce

Reaction score
My shuffle starts over each time I cycle the key. The song playing becomes song #1 and a "fresh shuffle" happens.
So, you have the same problem? I am not sure what "Cycle the key" means.

nezperce

Reaction score
My 2019 doesn't do that, I rarely hear the same song twice in a week.
If I put 1000 songs, I'd not probably hear the same song twice either, or I would not even remember.
I generally put 200 songs on USB. On shuffle, audio player should create a random-ordered list and should play each song till the end of the playlist. It seems that each time car is turned off, audio player creating a new playlist. that's the problem.
It happened again today. I stopped to buy gas and the song I listened 15 minutes ago, before stopping for gas, popped up again.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, you have the same problem? I am not sure what "Cycle the key" means.
Turn the truck off then back ON (or ACC). Every time I turn the truck back on the song that was playing becomes song #1 one and my songs get a new shuffle no matter when the last time they played.

nezperce

Reaction score
Turn the truck off then back ON (or ACC). Every time I turn the truck back on the song that was playing becomes song #1 one and my songs get a new shuffle no matter when the last time they played.
Thanks for the explanation.
So, then, you have the same problem I am experiencing, which confirms how Ram's audio system (manufactured by Panasonic) works.
Well, this is plain stupid of course. Is there anyone who knows the way around this, I wonder.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
If I put 1000 songs, I'd not probably hear the same song twice either, or I would not even remember.
I generally put 200 songs on USB. On shuffle, audio player should create a random-ordered list and should play each song till the end of the playlist. It seems that each time car is turned off, audio player creating a new playlist. that's the problem.
It happened again today. I stopped to buy gas and the song I listened 15 minutes ago, before stopping for gas, popped up again.

Ahhh, yes I have .... more than 200 songs :D

Garvanzo

Reaction score
I just got a 2022 Ram and on mine the shuffle feature turns off every time I restart the truck. The last song playing picks up again but I have to turn shuffle back on. My 2019 Challenger stayed on shuffle like you are all saying. Anyone have a fix?

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.
So, then, you have the same problem I am experiencing, which confirms how Ram's audio system (manufactured by Panasonic) works.
Well, this is plain stupid of course. Is there anyone who knows the way around this, I wonder.

It is interesting to hear different perspectives on different matters.
To me the way the shuffle works is perfect.
I have 1500 songs on my USB stick, I would not like it if I had to get thru all of them to hear my favorite song again.
I can't think of a way to make it do what you want short of making yourself a playlist and playing it with shuffle turned off, of course that way it would defeat the purpose of shuffle.
I'll be interested to hear if you can find a way around it.

Users who are viewing this thread