5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB mp3 music always starts on same song

Wishiwas

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck this past Monday and I am loving it!
I do have an annoying issue though with my Uconnect 8.4 (non C model).
Everytime I turn on the ignition, by default the system starts on my USB mp3 music and starts playing the same song. I can't even select another album etc because its indexing.
My truck was made in Sept 2018 and according to Mopar, its had all its shots (err. Updates lol).
Anyone else have this issue?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Fixable with an update at the dealer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the song it defaults to have an odd character in it's file name or possibly the file's root directory, like a slash or period? That can throw off a filesystem and indexing. Does it contain just a root directory and all of the songs are in the root?

When I run into issues like these I'll format the USB drive and place say 10 files with friendly file names on it to prove if it's a system error or drive / file naming error. If it still has the same error, I'd lean system. If it works, then you need to figure out which file or directory is goofing up the system.

Wishiwas

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but a Uconnect update fixed it. Ask your dealer to look up your VIN to see if there is an update available for your system.

The website https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html doesn't seem to have the most updated info for some reason
I checked this website. Claims to be updated. I will have the dealer check. Normally they are lazy or want to change for things like this. Too bad we can't get access to those files ourselves and do the update.

Users who are viewing this thread