5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB hub

Laramie2022!

Reaction score
Plugged a charging cable into an iPhone and sitting two minutes an error message showed up on the screen. “Power surge on USB hub detected. “. The one cable was the only thing plugged into the truck systems. Was not able to change screens to get the error message to go away. Turned the truck off and on, the error message was still showing. Any idea what the cause of error message is?

Attachments

• IMG_8529.jpeg
    IMG_8529.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10

ThorJeep

Reaction score
Plugged a charging cable into an iPhone and sitting two minutes an error message showed up on the screen. “Power surge on USB hub detected. “. The one cable was the only thing plugged into the truck systems. Was not able to change screens to get the error message to go away. Turned the truck off and on, the error message was still showing. Any idea what the cause of error message is?
In computers, it is usually a bad cable.

Ram4XTow

Reaction score
Guys - any one towing with a drive-tran disconnect installed on a 2 wheel drive Ram, 2019, Laramie, with push button starting? My concern is. I have to turn the rear collision system off when the truck is towing a trailer and I am backing up, the truck thinks I am too close to the trailer and auto slams on brakes. Is there anything needing to be done to disconnect electronically to kill the Auto Breaking systems, ie, Anti-Collision systems for front and/or rear collision systems when the RAM is being towed? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread