5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Drive

sactruck

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Longhorn and the Uconnect system does not properly play music from my USB drive that worked perfectly in my 2019 Ram Bighorn. The system only recognizes a few folders on the USB drive that has many folders. I tried an identical drive that is in my other vehicle, and it has the same problem. I tried reformatting the drive and reloading the folders on the USB drive and now it won't even recognize the drive. Does anyone know how to get a USB drive to work in the uconnect 5 system for playing music.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Longhorn and the Uconnect system does not properly play music from my USB drive that worked perfectly in my 2019 Ram Bighorn. The system only recognizes a few folders on the USB drive that has many folders. I tried an identical drive that is in my other vehicle, and it has the same problem. I tried reformatting the drive and reloading the folders on the USB drive and now it won't even recognize the drive. Does anyone know how to get a USB drive to work in the uconnect 5 system for playing music.
what format is the usb drive?

also try loading all songs without any folders
in mine it does not recognize any folder and just plays everything in alphabet order

sactruck

Reaction score
It is formated FAT32. Never a problem in my last Ram. I'll try loading the songs without folders. Thanks for the advice

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
It is formated FAT32. Never a problem in my last Ram. I'll try loading the songs without folders. Thanks for the advice
here are some more threads
lots of reading

morris08

Reaction score
what format is the usb drive?

also try loading all songs without any folders
in mine it does not recognize any folder and just plays everything in alphabet order

You can select shuffle play, which I prefer.
Just tap the “criss-cross” looking arrows.

Users who are viewing this thread