5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB charging ports

blacksheep37

Reaction score
When my girlfriend plugs her phone in, it automatically tries to connect to Android Auto. Is there a way to make at least one of these ports "charge only"?

I have a satellite radio subscription. I prefer to use Google Maps on my phone and keep my 12 inch screen on the music screen. I also have a Bullet Point mount for my phone with a magsafe charger. I just want to be able to charge a phone.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When my girlfriend plugs her phone in, it automatically tries to connect to Android Auto. Is there a way to make at least one of these ports "charge only"?

I have a satellite radio subscription. I prefer to use Google Maps on my phone and keep my 12 inch screen on the music screen. I also have a Bullet Point mount for my phone with a magsafe charger. I just want to be able to charge a phone.
There isn't a way to do it through the truck. If you have the center console that one is a charge only port. Or do like I did and buy data blockers. I was tired of the kids plugging in their phones and it starting up Android auto. With the data blockers it just allows them to charge only. You can pick them up on Amazon.

Merlin

Reaction score
In my truck, I have the bench seat, the front two are charge/data and in the back I believe the left one is charge/data and the right one is charge only. I have a 2019 Big horn. Hope this helps.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could always just update the auto launch setting on the phone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good point, but then it won't auto launch in her car when she plugs it in. My convenience definitely doesn't outweigh hers. I'd never hear the end of it!
AFAIK, you can select if AA auto starts on the truck menu as well. There is a toggle on your phone to set it to vehicle default setting.

dacm99

Reaction score
If you have the center console with flip up arm rest, you have a charge only usb in the top clamshell. I keep a iPhone cord in there for my wife. The clam shell even has a small cut out with cable holder for this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread