5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB CHARGING PORT

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m having an issue with the USB port inside the top lid of the center console. Itgas worked fine for 3 1/2 years and now has stopped charging. Oddly enough, when I raise the lid half way it charges but as soon as I lower the lid to normal position it stops. I am guessing by the way it’s acting that it’s a loose or pinched wire. When I first got the truck the dealer swapped out the lid due to a defect in the leather. I’m thinking maybe they pinched a wire and 3 plus years of road vibration is affecting it.

Does anyone know how to access that port so I can take a look and see if I can fix it? I don’t want the dealer to look at it if at all possible for fear of them destroying my console. Obviously, the truck is out of warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird. My top center console only has a 12v "cigarette lighter" hole port. I'm using a usb car charger in there for my dash cam. All my USB ports are under the infotainment (4 ports), center armrest (1 port), and in the rear center console (4 ports).

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird. My top center console only has a 12v "cigarette lighter" hole port. I'm using a usb car charger in there for my dash cam. All my USB ports are under the infotainment (4 ports), center armrest (1 port), and in the rear center console (4 ports).
My truck has 2 under the infotainment system which do CarPlay…and two in the rear that are constant power and one inside the lid which is also constant power.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you're thinking of the charge port in the cubby above the radio (top center of the dash). He's talking about the center console (armrest) lid.

Reactions: MJP

Users who are viewing this thread