5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB audio restarting

holdstill79

Reaction score
2020 Laramie with 8.4 and Alpine system. I mainly listen to my music library on my USB flash drive. The truck will pick up the same song it left off when I turned it off. Just a little bit of an annoyance but when I start my truck 9 times out of 10 it will start the song over after about 20 seconds of driving. I looked through the settings multiple times, even played with the "auto play" feature with no success. Can this be stopped? My 2017 Limited with 8.4 did not have this issue.

Varamyr

Reaction score
I came here for this exact problem as well. I would also like to know if anyone has a fix for this. I am using USB1 for the source. I have tried AutoPlay on and off. I also have the problem that the source I am listening to will change. I can be listening to USB, turn off the truck, and the next day it will start off with Radio, or SXM, sometimes it connects to my iPhone and plays that, sometimes not. I tried checking the uconnect update site, where you enter your VIN, and they say my truck is on the latest version.

moparrh

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn with a similar problem with the 8.4. Mine will start playing the song that it was playing "as it should" if I shut it off for a short time. If I shut it off for a long period of time, it will start playing a certain song each time. I have tried different USB flash drives and plugged into different ports with the same results.

THFD334

Reaction score
On another thread similar, someone just said they disconnected the neg battery cable for 15 minutes, reconnected and let truck sit for 30 minutes, then started and verified all systems in working order. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m currently doing this as I type. We shall see…
*Problem- usb cycling on and off.

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
Take a look at how you organize your music.
I was having the exact same issue and found a thread here somewhere that suggested not putting the music in folders.
Once I changed that the issue stopped.

THFD334

Reaction score
On another thread similar, someone just said they disconnected the neg battery cable for 15 minutes, reconnected and let truck sit for 30 minutes, then started and verified all systems in working order. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m currently doing this as I type. We shall see…
*Problem- usb cycling on and off.
Update** I’ve found that charging a phone directly from the usb’s works fine, but if it’s plugged into a wireless charger, that’s when it seems to cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread