5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB ALWAYS ON?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I put my dongle here just above the USB connector. Its an extra step, but it's in a position that makes unplugging and plugging really easy.

This is assuming you don't find a way to turn off the 1 hour mode, it's a not too bad alternative.

Android Dongle.jpg

sestroy

Reaction score
Hey there.

I recently purchased some under dash color changing led foot well lighting. These plug into the USB in the front of the ram. I'm very confused as to why when I turn the truck off, lock it and walk away that they still stay on and never turn off? Is their a way to fix this? Why is the USB always on?
Hi, bro. did you find a solution to the problem?

Conundrum

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out anymore on this? I recently got the Motorola MA1 and it is annoying when I'm in the house and my phone bounces between my home Wifi and truck.

No settings with AlfaOBD?

sestroy

Reaction score
Так что никак нельзя остановить часовую задержку для передних USB-портов, используемых для Android Auto? Недавно я получил одно из устройств, которое подключается к USB и создает беспроводное соединение с моим телефоном. Очень полезно. Но когда я останавливаю машину в гараже и иду в дом, я каждые несколько секунд получаю уведомления на свой телефон, поскольку он в течение часа пытается снова подключить мой грузовик к моему телефону, хотя мой грузовик выключен.

sestroy

Reaction score
Так что никак нельзя остановить часовую задержку для передних USB-портов, используемых для Android Auto? Недавно я получил одно из устройств, которое подключается к USB и создает беспроводное соединение с моим телефоном. Очень полезно. Но когда я останавливаю машину в гараже и иду в дом, я каждые несколько секунд получаю уведомления на свой телефон, поскольку он в течение часа пытается снова подключить мой грузовик к моему телефону, хотя мой грузовик выключен.
Пост для тех у кого китайская коробка с андроидом и карплеем и кого бесит двухчасовая задержка отключения usb порта. Решил проблему, правда не софтом (это оказалось невозможно), а ножом и синей изолентой). Снял монитор и колодку с разъемами с беспроводной зарядкой и срезал плюс на usb фишке. Там 12в, поэтому я просто протянул провод от прикуривателя сверху)). Теперь порт отключается сразу при выключении машины, либо в настройках монитора выбираешь понравившуюся задержку. Пока ставлю 45 секунд, потом может вообще уберу. Прошу прощения за мой английский. Я из России Мне трудно писать.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Пост для тех у кого китайская коробка с андроидом и карплеем и кого бесит двухчасовая задержка отключения usb порта. Решил проблему, правда не софтом (это оказалось невозможно), а ножом и синей изолентой). Снял монитор и колодку с разъемами с беспроводной зарядкой и срезал плюс на usb фишке. Там 12в, поэтому я просто протянул провод от прикуривателя сверху)). Теперь порт отключается сразу при выключении машины, либо в настройках монитора выбираешь понравившуюся задержку. Пока ставлю 45 секунд, потом может вообще уберу. Прошу прощения за мой английский. Я из России Мне трудно писать.
Translated:

A post for those who have a Chinese box with Android and carplay and who are pissed off by the two-hour delay of disconnecting the usb port. Solved the problem, although not with software (it turned out to be impossible), but with a knife and blue tape). Removed the monitor and pad with wireless charging connectors and cut the plus on the USB chip. It's 12v, so I just pulled the wire from the cigarette lighter from above)). Now the port is turned off immediately when the machine is turned off, or in the monitor settings you choose the delay you like. While I bet 45 seconds, then maybe I'll clean it up at all. I apologize for my English. I'm from Russia It's hard for me to write.

Glad it worked out for you. Got any pictures?

sestroy

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. there are three plugs on the back of the usb connectors, two small and one large. There is a red wire on the big connector, it is 12 volts. I connected the wire from the 12 volt outlet above the monitor to it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. there are three plugs on the back of the usb connectors, two small and one large. There is a red wire on the big connector, it is 12 volts. I connected the wire from the 12 volt outlet above the monitor to it.
nicely done sir.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Not sure if it's exactly the same but from my 2019 Owner's Manual:

View attachment 94546
Thank you for posting this. I verified my 2023 manual states the same thing. My 12V outlet on top of the dash was on constantly and my radar detector was draining my battery. So, I made the change in the F54 fuse from position 1 to position 2 as illustrated in the manual. Now, it is powered on with the ignition.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It’s longer than an hour.

Interesting, it could maybe depend on the trim or year?

Also, did you test using a lighted connector? Otherwise, if you open the door, it will automatically reset to 1 hour. To verify the 1 hour on my truck, I used a lighted USB cable, this allowed me to check visually without opening the truck door and accidentally resetting it for another hour. I think even unlocking can reset the module, which turns on the dome light and acts the same way as opening the door.

Luis1275

Reaction score
Interesting, it could maybe depend on the trim or year?

Also, did you test using a lighted connector? Otherwise, if you open the door, it will automatically reset to 1 hour. To verify the 1 hour on my truck, I used a lighted USB cable, this allowed me to check visually without opening the truck door and accidentally resetting it for another hour. I think even unlocking can reset the module, which turns on the dome light and acts the same way as opening the door.
Just got a wireless CarPlay adapter that’s plugs in to the USB and past the hour and phone still connected to the adapter.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Just got a wireless CarPlay adapter that’s plugs in to the USB and past the hour and phone still connected to the adapter.
That will work, on a side note, that's why I put an on/off switch on my wireless dongle.

How long it stays on?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread