5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upset with door ding

GFK51

Reaction score
Parked my 20 Limited at McDonalds last Friday. I park where no one can hit my doors but a van parked to the right of me. While walking out to my truck I made eye contact with the driver who then backed up and left in a hurry. Upon checking the passenger door I saw a dent on the crease of the door about the size of a 50 cent piece. I was livid to say the least. I went to the local Dodge dealership and asked if they had a vendor who fixes dents, they replied that he comes in on Monday mornings. I met him today and he was able to fix the dent (no paint damage thank goodness). Took him about fifteen minutes and cost me $80. People have no respect for others property.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Parked my 20 Limited at McDonalds last Friday. I park where no one can hit my doors but a van parked to the right of me. While walking out to my truck I made eye contact with the driver who then backed up and left in a hurry. Upon checking the passenger door I saw a dent on the crease of the door about the size of a 50 cent piece. I was livid to say the least. I went to the local Dodge dealership and asked if they had a vendor who fixes dents, they replied that he comes in on Monday mornings. I met him today and he was able to fix the dent (no paint damage thank goodness). Took him about fifteen minutes and cost me $80. People have no respect for others property.
Unreal. Can’t have anything nice anymore. PDR guys are amazing. I have a guy who can make just about any issue perfect. I had one ding two PDR guys told me was not possible to repair yet my new guy fixed it and it’s flawless. Glad you got yours straightened out.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I havea limited as well. I deploy the automatic foot steps right after I shut off the truck. I haven't see this, but I think a car door would hit them before the truck. I also park as far away from where I am going since most people are too laxy to walk f
I have a limited as well. I deploy the automatic foot steps right after I shut off the truck. I haven't see this, but I think a car door would hit them before the truck. I also park as far away from where I am going since most people are too lazy to walk further than they have too.

BugGuy

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one whos paranoid about people dinging my door. I try to park far away and take two spots. lol

270wsmhunter

Reaction score
Sucks getting that first ding, even more so when you do it yourself. Had a grocery bag with a big jar of pickles that swung when I took it out of the cart and hit the cab putting a small crease in it. This was on a 2011 GMC Sierra crew cab, blue granite in color. Went to shop for PDR and they couldn't do it due to the crease and curvature of sheetmetal. Several body shops stated due to the color and location it would need to be filled and blend the side of the pickup. Needless to say that dent haunted me every time I walked up to the pickup and we no longer purchased large jars of pickles!!

ramhead

Reaction score
I ALWAYS try to park far away from anyone and from a store entrance, choosing instead to walk the extra distance to lessen the chance some non-caring moron will park next to me. Having said that, there are occasional times when that's not possible and I have to grit my teeth and park - I normally always look for an end spot with a curb on one side and pull so close to the curb the the tires are basically touching it (to increase the gap on the other "unprotected" side). A lot of people are just clueless idiots who don't care or respect other's property or are to busy on their cellphones to control their kids/passengers and make sure they're careful when exiting the vehicle. There are some though who own a junky car and don't give a f at all or are envious and probably purposely do it.

You got a good price with that $80.....I would've expected it higher thru/at a dealer. You can find PDR places online though. On my old truck a small tree branch fell from a high distance and dented the edge of my SRT hood. It was almost creased (which they can't get out) and I thought there was no way short of body work & a complete respray to get it repaired & looking right. But...I searched and found a PDR guy near me with great reviews (someone called him a "magician with dents") and went to him. I took him almost 2 hours working on it but it looked 99.5% fixed...in fact no one would know it only me because I knew it had been there. I was amazed....Forget what he charged me but it was around $125 - 150 but I gave him like a $40 tip because I was so happy that he saved it & appreciated his work.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get bad looks sometimes, but this is why I park away from others and take up teo spaces. Also raise to OR2 and deploy the staps when I leave the truck.

ramhead

Reaction score
I get bad looks sometimes, but this is why I park away from others and take up teo spaces. Also raise to OR2 and deploy the staps when I leave the truck.

Yeah..the 2 space thing is not a good look - may wanna rethink that....no offense, but it makes you look like an arrogant, egotistical douchenozzle especially if a parking lot is packed and you've taken up 2 spaces. People don't say "oh..he's smart & must really care about his truck"....trust me. And, in many malls or quasi public places you can get ticketed for improper parking by doing so (IMO rightfully so). A buddy I know did that and got a $50 parking ticket - the town pd had enforcement powers in the parking lot due to an ordinance passed in the town. Also, worst case as I've heard happening is getting your truck keyed by a person who got really pissed by you taking 2 spots.

Then there's stuff like this:

_159.jpg
1581373475046.jpeg

Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah..the 2 space thing is not a good look....no offense, but it makes you look like an arrogant, egotistical douchenozzle especially if a parking lot is packed and you've taken up 2 spaces. People don't say "oh..he's smart & must really care about his truck"....trust me. And, in many malls or quasi public places you can get ticketed for improper parking by doing so (IMO rightfully so). A buddy I know did that and got a $50 parking ticket - the town pd had enforcement powers in the parking lot due to an ordinance passed in the town. Also, worst case as I've heard happening is getting your truck keyed by a person who got really pissed by you taking 2 spots.
Screw'em. If I worried about others opinions, I wouldn't be here. Wouldn't do it in a crowded lot anyway, but at over $60k, my truck, my rules.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ouch on the black one!

I agree with park far away idea (and follow it), but don't want to pee off people by either being close in a tight spot or by taking two... Heck I get flamed by responding to forum posts, much less parking issues... There's way too much "class envy" or whatever it's called today, if you have something new and shiny, you are a target.

Great find on the dealer repair person, better keep that phone number handy or better yet, publicize it in your immediate area.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm.....maybe I was wrong with the "no offense" part....lol. Well...a good potential glimpse into your future:

pTaakjA.jpg
On the U-TUBE and the net I see pictures of cars parked well away from others all surrounded by shopping carts and other stupid things, all for no reason other than to be a$$holes, and without exception they are nice/expensive autos. Invariably if I park out and away within the lines, someone will still pull up right next to me (go figure), so I split the line. Just too many dings over the years, and 60+ is a lot of cash when I figure it will be the last rig I get in this life.

BugGuy

Reaction score
I am concerned about offending people by taking two spots. Usually, when/if I do that, I park far away so there are still plenty of open spots. Then I usually just park close to or on a line to make it look like I can't park. lol

Sjay

Reaction score
Our church has a large parking lot. Each Sunday a guy with a fully loaded Rebel parks in the back away from everyone and someone will park next to him. Sad, Class envy I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread