5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPR Catch can review long term

Kob0583

Reaction score
The engine isn't doomed, but the oil vapor does lower the octane of the fuel being burned and eventually causes build up. The Hemi still has it's injectors in the intake so the valves get continually washed down, but if this was a direct injection engine there would be major build up on the intake valves. The only reason catch cans aren't on all vehicles is most people would never empty them.

You are correct sir but I just wanted to keep mine as clean as I can. From my understanding the engine is supposed to be fine without one but I’m very happy keeping the extra crap out of the intake. Not saying people need them just like to show what one does. Owner needs to decide if it’s worth it for them or not. Either way I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The cleaner the better and the octane boost is a nice bonus. I'm using a Mishimoto myself, a little pricey but I like the mounting system up near the radiator

Users who are viewing this thread