5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Storage(glovebox) light staying on

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I noticed past couple of days that the light in my upper storage (glovebox) is on after everything is shut down. Really didn't notice this until driving at night and seeing the "slit" of lighting coming out across the bottom of its door/panel. Seems the lever/locking switch is off balance not in sync with the shut position. I can press down on the door about an 1/8" and the light goes off. I have tried to shut it with some force and it goes off till eases back up???

I found a thread that shows how to get in and replace the upper glovebox, just wondering if anyone has had this problem and know the fix, adjustment arm in there????

Thanks!!!

Thread shows how to remove it/get in there.

ddharris

Reaction score
I had a non functional light in the top glove box. They replaced the top glove box as there is no apparent way to just replace the light. I will check tonight to see if is continously on at night with the top glove box closed.

ddharris

Reaction score
Mine Definitely shuts off when I turn "upward"the roller switch to enable full dash and stereo illumination effectively shutting off ambient lighting.

RichM1983

Reaction score
I've noticed mine stays on all the time at night as well. I thought it was supposed too.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I've noticed mine stays on all the time at night as well. I thought it was supposed too.
when you see that it is on, try to push the lid closed/down just a bit and you will see the light will go off just before the lid bottoms out. I closed mine with a little force and the light went off (I can still see slit at bottom just thinner)then as if it, the door gives a little and goes back up a smidget and the light clicks back on.

RichM1983

Reaction score
when you see that it is on, try to push the lid closed/down just a bit and you will see the light will go off just before the lid bottoms out. I closed mine with a little force and the light went off (I can still see slit at bottom just thinner)then as if it, the door gives a little and goes back up a smidget and the light clicks back on.
I'll have to try that next time I drive it.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am gonna go inside there this weekend and take a looksy at the lock mechanism....gotta time it right with the Florida Liquid Sunshine....aka daily rain/thunderstorms!!!

RichM1983

Reaction score
I am gonna go inside there this weekend and take a looksy at the lock mechanism....gotta time it right with the Florida Liquid Sunshine....aka daily rain/thunderstorms!!!
Update us. If its simple enough to loosen some bolts that hold the latch and move it some to make the lid close tighter or move the button that turns the light off I'd rather do than that fool with a dealer.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Definitely will go that route if needed. About to go out of town so lowering it on my priority list if it is not sucking up juice from battery.

Edit---and will change cabin filter while looking in there

Users who are viewing this thread