5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Glove box light

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the Bighorn's have the light in the upper glovebox? I see what looks to be a light but it does not light up. My lowe r glove box does light up.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think all of them have it. Looking at the Build & Price site it shows "Glove Box Lamp" for the Level 1 and Level 2. It doesn't differentiate between upper and lower but I would guess that it's upper since everyone has a lighted lower glove box.

If you don't have a Level group (1 or 2) then you probably don't have it. If you have a Level 1 or Level 2 then it should.

My Bighorn Level 2 has an upper glove box (LED) light and it works.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the level 2 Group, I will post a pic later of what I think is the light.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read of the light not turning off either. If it's still under warranty (3/36) I'd take it to the dealer and have them figure it out.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read of the light not turning off either. If it's still under warranty (3/36) I'd take it to the dealer and have them figure it out.

I may do that, but my local dealer leaves a lot to be desired regarding service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There does not seem to be much middle ground with dealership service departments for FCA.

I have 6 in the area (within 40 miles) and 4 of them I won't leave my truck alone with them (including the one 2 miles from my house).

I've found one that has done a good job for me and seems to at least care to fix the truck. For that I'm willing to drive the 20 miles to give them my business.

There's one that my dad goes to (he's got a 2020 1500 Limited) and they are 30+ miles away. If my dealership turns sour on me then I'll go to the other one. After that it's over an hour to the next dealership.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Do the Bighorn's have the light in the upper glovebox? I see what looks to be a light but it does not light up. My lowe r glove box does light up.
I had the same thing happen where my upper light was not coming on. I found that the connection was loose and it was an easy fix. Open the upper door and insert a flat head screwdriver or trim tool just above the top of the box. On the right of the light push left to hit the tab to drop the light housing down. I just had to firmly connect the plug and its worked ever since. Good luck.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen where my upper light was not coming on. I found that the connection was loose and it was an easy fix. Open the upper door and insert a flat head screwdriver or trim tool just above the top of the box. On the right of the light push left to hit the tab to drop the light housing down. I just had to firmly connect the plug and its worked ever since. Good luck.
Thanks! I am going to tackle that :)

Catdaddy

Reaction score
I heard back from the dealer about my upper glove box light staying on and they have to replace the whole upper unit. They are not just able to change the light. They say with the light staying on that it is kicking the truck computer into low power output for the electrical system which is making the radio reboot every 3-4 minutes as well. I've been having to put charging cables on my truck the past few days because the battery is dead from the light staying on.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard back from the dealer about my upper glove box light staying on and they have to replace the whole upper unit. They are not just able to change the light. They say with the light staying on that it is kicking the truck computer into low power output for the electrical system which is making the radio reboot every 3-4 minutes as well. I've been having to put charging cables on my truck the past few days because the battery is dead from the light staying on.
I looked at mine a while back to ensure its plugged in and it is, but still not lighting up....I guess its better than it staying on.

Hopefully the dealer can get yours fixed :)

Users who are viewing this thread