5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper glove box emblem

JbVt

Reaction score
Yes and no. You can not buy just the badge. Which I think is freaking stupid, but what can you do? You have to buy the entire upper glove box assembly. The emblem is "riveted" to the door of the glove box and is actually made of thin metal. To avoid damaging it trying to pry it off, I just took the dash apart and swapped the whole thing out. It was a pain in the ***, but I got it done.
Of course it's riveted to the door. Curious, how hard was replacing the whole upper glove box?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Of course it's riveted to the door. Curious, how hard was replacing the whole upper glove box?

Pain in the *** because I really didn't have anything to go by. There are no video's I was able to find on youtube to use as a guide. Just purchased a decent set of panel removal tools from O'reilly's and worked slow so I didn't break anything. Would have been nice to just order the freaking badge, but it's done and over with now. LOL

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
eBay is your friend. Now the last and biggest piece of the puzzle to complete the look is the hood. That’ll get taken care of in a few weeks.

Honestly, I love this color. I am the only Olive Green truck in my town. And I've only seen 1 or 2 chargers driving around that is Olive Green. I like being unique. Plus, it actually gets complimented all the time, which honestly surprises me. If you do get wrapped, I'm sure you'll love it.
Yeah man I've yet to see one in that color, ever actually. In YouTube videos sure, but not out in the wild. I know for sure I'll be the only one in my town with that color if/when I can get it done.

ijanderson29

Reaction score
Pain in the *** because I really didn't have anything to go by. There are no video's I was able to find on youtube to use as a guide. Just purchased a decent set of panel removal tools from O'reilly's and worked slow so I didn't break anything. Would have been nice to just order the freaking badge, but it's done and over with now. LOL
Damn I'm glad I found this thread. The last thing on my truck that has any semblence of Bighorn is the glove box badge and I was hoping to just use some heat and pry it off, but of course its the whole assembly. Do you have a part number for the piece we need?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't have a part number any longer. The emblem does pry off though. I swapped out the assemblies, but you can just swap emblems if you want. You just can't go out and buy an emblem.

ijanderson29

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't have a part number any longer. The emblem does pry off though. I swapped out the assemblies, but you can just swap emblems if you want. You just can't go out and buy an emblem.
Ahh okay, good to know I can pry it off at least. I was thinking of trying to make my own custom emblem and making it fit that badge space on the glovebox.
Just curious, do you have a badge that from the glove box assembly when you replaced yours to sport? What does it say?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey man could give me any kind of guide to getting the front door off? I want to paint the upper door and you’re the only one I’ve seen who has taken that door off and like you said there’s no videos or anything so I don’t know where screws or clamps are! Thanks

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... I just took the dash apart ... It was a pain in the *** ...
Well that settles it for me - I was really liking that glove box door badge and willing to wait for it to come up on evilbay, but disassembling the dash is beyond my limited skills. Phooey.

Dave

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Like this one ;-)

Attachments

• Built to serve badge.jpg
    Built to serve badge.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 82

1lowcab

Reaction score
I'm also looking for that Sport emblem so if anyone can find a part number post it up!!!

TravisH

Reaction score
I guess I’m lucky I own a Sport model in the US? Except for the lack of factory warranty.

Is there something I can look on mine to help you guys out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread