5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper glove box door closure???

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am noticing that my upper glove box doesn’t seal tight. I noticed because I had an envelope in there that slid right through the crack. Now my ocd is kicking in. Does anybody have a fix for this or is my glove box door just defective

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am noticing that my upper glove box doesn’t seal tight. I noticed because I had an envelope in there that slid right through the crack. Now my ocd is kicking in. Does anybody have a fix for this or is my glove box door just defective
I don't know. I believe you're the first to report this kind of issue. I have several loose papers and a couple of envelopes in my upper box, but have never had the incident you've had.

Does the door appear to match the style lines when it is closed?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052820 miles.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you can see the lines match but look at the next pic. I put a little flashlight in there to show the gap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 148

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you can see the lines match but look at the next pic. I put a little flashlight in there to show the gap
Good pics. Yours looks like it is adjusted properly (I say adjusted, but there isn't an adjustment per se). It may have been a fluke, as maybe a corner of the envelope was already under the door edge when you closed it(?).

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052839 miles.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks. The weatherstrip might be a good idea. I have a pack of wipes in there and you can slightly see them through the crack from the driver seat. OCD. OTHERWISE MY TRUCK CAME TO ME PERFECT

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least not as bad as the Silverado, you could probably slide a 5 subject notebook through the gap on that truck.

1624833820839.png

Nukegm426

Reaction score
My problem is mine opens slowly like it’s rubbing somewhere.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is some ocd :LOL: You could try some weather striping tape or similar. You won't be able to adjust it enough to totally seal.
There are a variety of SSRI medications such as Sertraline or Fluoxetine that the OP could talk to his Dr. about. It appears to be a serious case of OCD, hopefully not to disruptive of normal life. 🧐

U

User_3336

You should not own a RAM if you have that serious a case of OCD! :-|

You think that is bad, read about all the complaints about the F150's glovebox not latching or closing and the gaps it has! There is a 10 page TSB.

Guess this would make you bonkers! LOL
glovebox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok guys. Settle down. I just noticed the gap. Wasn’t sure if it was normal. Wow. You guys couldn’t wait to jump all over me. Ok F ck the gap. Not that big of a deal. See others crying about retarded **** and everybody talking to them like they are babies walking them through crap one step at a time. I’ll remember not to complain about anything in here. Good night. I’m completely satisfied with my rebel

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
T
Ok guys. Settle down. I just noticed the gap. Wasn’t sure if it was normal. Wow. You guys couldn’t wait to jump all over me. Ok F ck the gap. Not that big of a deal. See others crying about retarded **** and everybody talking to them like they are babies walking them through crap one step at a time. I’ll remember not to complain about anything in here. Good night. I’m completely satisfied with my rebel

There's a heat wave impacting most of the United States at the moment, so maybe that explains the somewhat less than understanding responses. Plus the fact that Ram owners are always on the defensive by Ford, GM, and Toyota owners for not buying what they own and stroking their fragile egos.

As far as I'm concerned your questions will be welcomed.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052845 miles.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Thicker skin dude, were just yanking your chain. I noticed the gap too, just fyi. Nothing slides out but I can see the light through the gap if I turn on the ambient cab lights. It's annoying so I don't use them.

joiafour

Reaction score
Same gap on my 2021. I noticed it when I saw the glovebox light through the crack while it was dark. Looks just like yours.

Georgf

Reaction score
I have the same gap on my Lonestar. But I think FCA made it to prevent creak noise while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread