5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Control Arms with 6 Inch Lift

Abrams117

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I plan on doing a Zone 6 inch lift and 37x12.50 tires to my Rebel in the next couple of months and am curious if I should bother spending the money to upgrade to the Zone heavy duty upper control arms or stick with the stock ones. The wheels I plan on getting are only gonna have +01 mm offset and I don't plan on abusing it off-road, but I still want to be able to do mild off-roading safely.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
My vote is yes. You will be better off with the upgraded UCA’s.

RamSco

Reaction score
I recommend new UCA's as well. Mine is a BDS 6" but here's a photo for reference. I'm sure the Icons will be very similar.

Attachments

• Del Tire Clearance.jpg
    Del Tire Clearance.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 85

Abrams117

Reaction score
Don't forget to post pictures when you're done so we can all geek out!

Should be around May hopefully, the local after market truck shop near me is supposedly having some decent sales that Month. But I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures! Really looking forward to how 18's with 37's will look on my Rebel.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
Should be around May hopefully, the local after market truck shop near me is supposedly having some decent sales that Month. But I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures! Really looking forward to how 18's with 37's will look on my Rebel.
Why did you end up choosing the Zone lift if you don’t mind me asking? I haven’t pulled the trigger on a lift yet but plan on it and Zone is on the radar. I also have a white Rebel so I like your truck lol

Abrams117

Reaction score
Why did you end up choosing the Zone lift if you don’t mind me asking? I haven’t pulled the trigger on a lift yet but plan on it and Zone is on the radar. I also have a white Rebel so I like your truck lol

I had a Zone 6 inch on my 4th gen and was super happy with it. It's a great middle ground between overkill BDS and "cheap" Rough Country in my opinion. For mostly road use and some fun off road every now and then, it's perfect.

RamSco

Reaction score
I'll be really interested to see the 37's on 18's as well.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I definitely would like to see 37” tires paired with 18” wheels on these puppies.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
I had a Zone 6 inch on my 4th gen and was super happy with it. It's a great middle ground between overkill BDS and "cheap" Rough Country in my opinion. For mostly road use and some fun off road every now and then, it's perfect.
Nice and I agree. I’m between BDS and Zone, but was hoping for a 4” lift which Zone hasn’t released yet... May just step to the 6” zone since it’s great value/quality. Deff post pics and review after it’s done please!

Abrams117

Reaction score
Nice and I agree. I’m between BDS and Zone, but was hoping for a 4” lift which Zone hasn’t released yet... May just step to the 6” zone since it’s great value/quality. Deff post pics and review after it’s done please!

Unless you're dead set on a 4 inch lift, I'd always do a 6 inch. I know I would always wonder what the truck would look like with a 6 inch if I originally went with a 4 inch. The price is pretty much the same plus you can always just run meaty 35's on a 6 inch instead of going all out with 37's. Hopefully around May it'll get it done and I'll give an update, as long as this whole virus situation doesn't get worse by then.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
Unless you're dead set on a 4 inch lift, I'd always do a 6 inch. I know I would always wonder what the truck would look like with a 6 inch if I originally went with a 4 inch. The price is pretty much the same plus you can always just run meaty 35's on a 6 inch instead of going all out with 37's. Hopefully around May it'll get it done and I'll give an update, as long as this whole virus situation doesn't get worse by then.
Thanks for the advice. I was leaning towards the 4 inch to fit in the garage, however I’m not against the 6 inch cause I can get more stance with wider wheels/tires which I like. Either way I plan on running 35s. Looking forward to seeing how your rig comes out. Gunna look great I’m sure.

Users who are viewing this thread