5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Control Arm Tire Clearance

John89

Reaction score
Can't wait to see pictures. It's hard to find wheels that look good on a white truck. I have been looking for awhile now.
Yeah man, I know what you’re saying. I got tired of going through hundreds of pages on customs wheel offset. Honestly I wasn’t even sure how these were gonna look… Im not totally in love with the look but they look decent!

John89

Reaction score
Just want to add that after installing them, I do have some rub when doing full lock turns… Gonna have to do some trimming unfortunately. I did not have this issue with the stock wheels since they had a positive offset. These are -18mm.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might be able to avoid trimming if its rubbing on the plastic liner. Well placed zip tie or two might do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John89

Reaction score
You might be able to avoid trimming if its rubbing on the plastic liner. Well placed zip tie or two might do the trick.

It’s actually rubbing on the little mudflap on the inside corner. I can tell by the markings on it.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scratch that lol trim away

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great!

My tires rubbed on the inside section of the mud guards too. I pulled the little flap off and bent the metal tab up and back, then heated the flap with a heat gun and formed it to fit the new contours so I could retain all the plastic. I also have the husky flaps that bolt over the OEM ones. I heated that up and formed it too. Now it all fits without contact.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great!

My tires rubbed on the inside section of the mud guards too. I pulled the little flap off and bent the metal tab up and back, then heated the flap with a heat gun and formed it to fit the new contours so I could retain all the plastic. I also have the husky flaps that bolt over the OEM ones. I heated that up and formed it too. Now it all fits without contact.
I need to do this to my Husky mud guards. I have slight rub with 35x12.50s at about 3/4 turn. Just a small area on the flap where it sticks it a little

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to do this to my Husky mud guards. I have slight rub with 35x12.50s at about 3/4 turn. Just a small area on the flap where it sticks it a little
With heat, I was able to push it all back plenty to clear the tire.
I had to slot the hole in the small flap with a file for the plastic retainer pin after relocating the metal tab.

John89

Reaction score
Looks great!

Thanks man. Would you be able to send me a pic if possible when you have a chance?

You mean remove the flap, and underneath that there’s a metal tab you can bend upwards and towards the rear? Just wanna make sure I’m following.

John89

Reaction score
They look good! The machined chrome in wheel goes well with your chrome trim and bumpers. Well done sir.
Thank you! Yeah, I tried my best with these. Kind of wish I had the body color bumpers, definitely would’ve opened me up to a greater selection of wheels. The chrome bumpers IMO do resist scratches and highway rocks/pebbles a lot more so that’s a plus! Overall I’m happy with the look

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got the amp research power steps from morris4x4 at a good price with promo code warmup100:

View attachment 153357
You can get the Mopar Power Running Boards from BAM for a little less $$.

John89

Reaction score

Plus $200 shipping

Plus $200 shipping makes it a little more. At Morris 4x4 they gave me a $75 rebate on a visa gift card, so that’s why I went with them vs bam. Thanks for looking out though!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Plus $200 shipping

Plus $200 shipping makes it a little more. At Morris 4x4 they gave me a $75 rebate on a visa gift card, so that’s why I went with them vs bam. Thanks for looking out though!

Pretty close to a wash. It's nice having the ability to retract/deploy them through UConnect. Plus the display in the EVIC. No worries.

20230208_122827.jpg

John89

Reaction score
Pretty close to a wash. It's nice having the ability to retract/deploy them through UConnect. Plus the display in the EVIC. No worries.

View attachment 153453
Damnnn I didn’t know it’d show up there!! Is it worth returning the amp research steps? I received them a few days ago…

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Damnnn I didn’t know it’d show up there!! Is it worth returning the amp research steps? I received them a few days ago…

Not sure. That's up to you. You would have to activate the running boards with AlfaOBD.

Users who are viewing this thread