5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to ORG on a non ORG truck... kit available or piece mill the parts

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Longhorn w/o the off road group, in a perfect world I would have got the .ORG but I got such a good deal on the truck that I figured I could lift it and put skid plates on for not too much money if I wanted to at some point down the road.
So the question is, based on my understanding, the ORG give you 1 inch of suspension lift, the off road tires, 3.92 rear end, locker, hill descent, and skid plates. I have the 3.92 with rear locker and can live without the hill descent, tires are easy, and I can find the skid plates... but does anyone have a line on the off road group suspension?
I see mopar offers a 2” lift but honestly I’d be prefer one inch so that it does not change much in terms of ride... I just want to be able to go up a size on the tires without them looking to tight in the wheel opening.
Long term I want to find a set of rebel wheels and have the black painted brown to match the truck and toss a set of BFG tako’s On them.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
For the lift I just did a level using the Motofab 2” leveling spacers. It was easy to put on and can buy for around $30 direct from Motofab on eBay. This takes the rake out of the truck and the ride doesn’t change at all. You will have to get an alignment. From reading on here, I should be able to run 35” tires now but am only running 33” KO2’s

Reaction score
For the lift I just did a level using the Motofab 2” leveling spacers. It was easy to put on and can buy for around $30 direct from Motofab on eBay. This takes the rake out of the truck and the ride doesn’t change at all. You will have to get an alignment. From reading on here, I should be able to run 35” tires now but am only running 33” KO2’s
For some reason I have always shied away from level kits, tbh I like a rake and when I tow I think a level kit would make the squat more pronounced. I will take a look though.
I am a huge OEM fan, If I mod something I want it to look like kit came that way... but I know that is not a normal mindset.
Can I ask you about the ceramic coating... how big of a ***** was it to do? Are you happy with the result? Would you do it again??

Kxlexus

Reaction score
The ceramic coating wasn’t bad if you are used to doing detailing work. Biggest thing is the prep work. I enjoy doing my own detailing work and already have a bunch of that equipment, buffers, polished and microfiber assortment. I was working with a black truck. The smallest mistakes will show on a black vehicle. The lighting in my garage was subpar and I failed to remove the ceramic coating good enough in a few small spots. I thought it was perfect until I moved it into the sunlight. Nobody but me will ever notice it because it’s so small. I have since installed 4 more 10,000 lumen lights in that area of my shop. I like the ceramic coating. Dust and dirt don’t stick to it nearly as much as wax because it isn’t greasy

R

Rob5589

The Mopar 2" will put you an inch over the ORG, technically. I would lean that way since the Fox shocks reportedly ride very nice.

As far as the ORG, mine has it and has 3.21, so it does not automatically mean 3.92.

Reaction score
The Mopar 2" will put you an inch over the ORG, technically. I would lean that way since the Fox shocks reportedly ride very nice.

As far as the ORG, mine has it and has 3.21, so it does not automatically mean 3.92.
Interesting, I thought it came with 3.92, knowing what I know now... 1100 miles down I would have got the 3.21... MPG blows

Users who are viewing this thread