5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading stock tires to decent A/T tires on 20" rims

VikingRic

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I recently picked up a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock and I believe it has a factory 1" lift, heavy duty rear suspension. What I'd like to do is put some beefier A/T tires, BF TKO2's most likely, rather than the cheesy wrangler stocks. Currently it has 275/60R20 tires. Without leveling kit what do you think the best tire size to put on? Can't afford to modify at the moment, but I'm considering down the road to update the front suspension and level it but might as well beat them up for a while right? All suggestions considered, and appreciated.
Thanks,
Ric 752525.jpeg.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stick with that size.

And your classic is a 4th gen

retiredpop

Reaction score
I've been running the 275/60R20 Goodyear Duratracs for a few years now on a 2011 Bighorn.
I'm very happy with the overall performance and they are wearing well.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran 305/55/20 on my 4th Gen on just a small level. Just a hair taller and little wider but enough to make the truck look beefier without going overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a slow learner and made the mistake of "upgrading" to AT tires on my last 3 Rams. Last couple of times I went with BFG T/A KOs and then Cooper AT3s. In each case the "upgraded" tires were louder on the pavement, didn't ride as smooth and cost me at least 2 mpg in fuel economy.

Just be aware the change you are looking for will come with a cost that is greater than the cost of the new tires.

Users who are viewing this thread