5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrading side view mirrors

bxbricky

Reaction score
2020 with only heated mirrors . no powerfold no nothing. i want to replace them with heated , power folding , bsm , turn lights / puddle lights version. dont need surround view or cross path . been looking at the mopar sites but they dont really go into detail on the lights. if anyone has done this upgrade and can help me with the item numbers it would be great. just adding the lights for now then later on adding the tails for the bsm .

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I do believe that the new TRX can be ordered with power folding tow mirrors, and they have everything. If you go to Dodge is website and build one you will see the breakdown on them. So you should be able to buy them and put them on your truck? I've thought about buying power folding tow mirrors for my truck also.
I know you can buy the regular mirrors in power folding from Dodge, also if your looking for those go to www.wholesalemopar.com to get the part #'s and order the parts.
Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram (ramtrucks.com)

bxbricky

Reaction score
Part numbers for power folding side mirrors with heated mirrors/ bsm for a 2020 is what im looking for.

Daverous

Reaction score
Infotainment sells a kit but it's pricey. You'll also need the door modules. Just pulled off a set of exactly the mirrors you're after to do a 360 cam swap. Ill check the part numbers off my old ones in the am.

Jeff McGuire

Reaction score
Infotainment sells a kit but it's pricey. You'll also need the door modules. Just pulled off a set of exactly the mirrors you're after to do a 360 cam swap. Ill check the part numbers off my old ones in the am.
Dave will you educate me on this. What mirrors and modules did you use? My wife has a 2020 Limited with tow mirrors and we dislike them . Want to swap to the power fold mirrors with the 360 camera. I think the mirrors are 5ZK48KXJAG and 5ZK49KXJAG (for diamond black). Not sure on the module though. I found the 68424178AB and 68424179AB but i am not sure if its right. The parts houses don't give enough details on the module descriptions. Is there another front camera and module i will need too? Then....I have to figure out the sales codes!
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Daverous

Reaction score
A great place to start is the surround view camera thread. You'll need the mirror modules, mirrors, front and back cameras, cpvm, and lots of fakra cables. You'll also need a custom harness. I went to jimmy07 on here for mine. He's a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. After it's all hooked up you'll need alfaobd on a pc to calibrate and activate everything. It's not an easy or quick install.
All said and done you're looking at 1000 bucks or more if you go used parts, and a lot of time. I've been plagued with bad used parts so I'm pausing for a minute to start sourcing new units. Gone through 3 mirrors and two front cameras so far. Giant PIA.

Worth it? You decide. Had I had more local options on the ecodiesel or had I been willing to wait for the covid delay times I may have just had one built from the factory. Unfortunately ram doesn't offer everything I wanted on a single trim level either, so here I am!

Shaun01

Reaction score
Hi Dave I just swapped my 2019 limited standard mirrors with 360 view to 2021 mirrors with camera view all work but the image is off do u know if I need to just recalibrate with alpha obd or do I need to change out the cvpm to one for the 2021 mirrors

Daverous

Reaction score
You will need both a new CVPM as well as to calibrate it with alfaobd following the process outlined in this thread.

Shaun01

Reaction score
This is the image I get

Attachments

• IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 31

Shaun01

Reaction score
Hi so I swapped out my 19 limited cvpm to the 21 year for the tow mirror all images there and calibrated but none of my softkeys are working when I remove the new cvpm and put the old one in they work again any suggestions or do u think the new cvpm is bad

Daverous

Reaction score
Install the 21 tow mirror cvpm. With Alfaobd change your bcm from MY20 to MY21. The soft keys should come back once the bcm thinks it’s a 2021. There’s a bit on it in the official how to thread under modifications subsection.

Shaun01

Reaction score
Ok roughly how long does that bcm take to realize the change I did try that and it didn’t take my truck is a 19 I also called uconnect they said I have 5 pending updates does the radio need the latest to run this as well

Users who are viewing this thread