5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading Halogen to LED OEM fogs - what’s needed?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am sure this has already been posted, but my searching skills or my phone are letting me down hard…

I just need to know what’s needed to perform the upgrade. I bought the LED kit last year (yeah, I know… life is extraordinarily busy!) and would like to finally get it installed before the weather gets colder again.

What do I need for this to function? Is it as simple as rotating the pins in the connector or do I absolutely need to get the BCM flashed as well in order for them to operate properly? I’ll have my dealer flash the BCM if necessary as I don’t have the Genie to do it.

Thanks in advanced! :)

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
This is likely the last thing I will be doing to my truck, but that’s not a bad idea!

Working my way towards that TRX… 😁

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Well, I got them installed… the left one flickers rapidly but is close enough to being on and the right is constant, without issue. Is this a sign that the BCM needs to be flashed??

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Well, I got them installed… the left one flickers rapidly but is close enough to being on and the right is constant, without issue. Is this a sign that the BCM needs to be flashed??
I believe you will need to change settings in the BCM with AlfaOBD or similar. I have done some stuff like this but not on a new Ram. If you fish around the forum you will likely find some directions on how exactly to do it. And just as important, you should find some members that know how to do it and can advise you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/