5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading driverside door handle

Matt_T

Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck and if you ever do get it to work let us know. This truck was advertised as having so many great features but left so much out for the average wallet. It would be nice to know we can add things that should already be there. My wife's 25K CX-5 has all the safety features and passive entry such a shame really.

Matt_T

Reaction score
Any updates on this ?? I have no idea what the engineers are thinking when they come up with these ideas. Let’s put heated steering wheel but no passive door handle. Mind you. They have the capability to do it.
Driver power seat / passenger manual,
Not sure on this one but I think the heated seats are only the bottoms not the back area.
It is not the engineers. It's the guys who are seeing $$$ and decide you only get that if you buy the Laramie with the give us all your money package. Capitalism is great for competition but breeds massive greed.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just updating. From what I learned, push to start trucks already equipped with antennas. Handle is wired in.
What I need now, is an RF Hub reset. This, from what I've learned, required a PIN number. And these PIN numbers, are "rolling" code numbers, and expire after 24-hours. They can only be obtained from a dealer. I was able to get number for my truck, but after several attempts, was unable to successfully reset the RF Hub. I'm experience incompatibilities with the AlfaOBD tool I'm using.

FYI - During RF Hub reset procedure, the RF Hub downloads the truck's config information from the body control module, in this case, whether or not the truck is equipped with passive entry. Now that the BCM has passive entry enabled, I just need the RF Hub to accept a reset command to realize they are connected, and I should be good.

I might break down and see if a dealer is willing to do it for me.

19ram1500crewlb

Reaction score
Just updating. From what I learned, push to start trucks already equipped with antennas. Handle is wired in.
What I need now, is an RF Hub reset. This, from what I've learned, required a PIN number. And these PIN numbers, are "rolling" code numbers, and expire after 24-hours. They can only be obtained from a dealer. I was able to get number for my truck, but after several attempts, was unable to successfully reset the RF Hub. I'm experience incompatibilities with the AlfaOBD tool I'm using.

FYI - During RF Hub reset procedure, the RF Hub downloads the truck's config information from the body control module, in this case, whether or not the truck is equipped with passive entry. Now that the BCM has passive entry enabled, I just need the RF Hub to accept a reset command to realize they are connected, and I should be good.

I might break down and see if a dealer is willing to do it for me.
Hi Mike, Just checking to see if you were able to get this working. It sounds like everything was ready for the upgrade. Did you just need a new handle, and had to add the code to your module?

thx,

Jeff

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I as well as several others have successfully added the feature. No dealer programming required you can diy everything.

Users who are viewing this thread