5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrades for about $50 or less

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Also, I am still looking for a best solution for a handgun mount somewhere in the truck. Also, awaiting Tuffy Products to come out with a console safe that works with the Limited sliding center console...not sure they will ever release one though. May just buy the one for the other and modify it to fit. Really need a place to be able to lock the weapon, wallet, etc when needed.

Lock'er Down Security Projects has a metal safe custom fit W/multiple lock options The have 2 Models for the 5th. Gen, 1 for Longhorn/Limited and 1 for the other trims. Not cheap but worth it and super easy to install. Search the "YouTube'r BEAST PROJECTS he has a video installing one plus the video description has a 10% discount code.

Mhorton814

Reaction score
Yep. Just need the harness to plug into the stock speaker wire. If you order from Crutchfield they throw it in for free. Saves ya ten bucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Awesome, I will be ordering today. Only 1 more question. Did you guys use bass blockers and do you think the bass blockers are needed?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Lock'er Down Security Projects has a metal safe custom fit W/multiple lock options The have 2 Models for the 5th. Gen, 1 for Longhorn/Limited and 1 for the other trims. Not cheap but worth it and super easy to install. Search the "YouTube'r BEAST PROJECTS he has a video installing one plus the video description has a 10% discount code.

Thanks Sergeant Jim! I have looked into the Lock'er Down safes before, but they are really pricey considering they are just as simple as the Tuffy Products safe when purchased with the regular key option. I may end up ordering one at some point though if Tuffy Products doesn't hurry up with making theirs.

ssick92

Reaction score
Thanks Sergeant Jim! I have looked into the Lock'er Down safes before, but they are really pricey considering they are just as simple as the Tuffy Products safe when purchased with the regular key option. I may end up ordering one at some point though if Tuffy Products doesn't hurry up with making theirs.

There is also the ConsoleVault which I had in my F150 before and never had any issues with. Running $269 for either a key or a 3 digit combo lock. I haven't gotten around to ordering for my Ram yet but will likely go this route when the time comes. If you have a Limited or Longhorn you probably wouldn't want to go this route though as their website says you would lose the sliding tray functionality.

Rhombus

Reaction score
I have the console vault with the combo lock. I’ve taught myself to open it without looking at it. I have a Sig P229 9mm and a Taurus Judge in there.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Some “cheap” things I’ve done that weren’t already said:
- Black Exhaust tip on the 3.6L stock pipe (cut a square end)
- WeatherTech plate frame to replace dealer frame
- Swap chrome lugs for Black ($50 a wheel count?)

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
It's on ebay:

I thought I had gotten it from ESTY
It's on ebay:

Where did you find this sticker?
ESTY Google RAM grille decal

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Man you guys were right. I just installed those $40 kicker 3.5s in the dash and it's a crazy improvement. I ordered mine from Crutchfield and they gave me the Chrysler harness and the 150 hz bass blockers free of charge. Super easy installation. Now I'm moving on to the interior lights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Can you PM me the details of this, including who helped you out with the harness and blockers?

Users who are viewing this thread