5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrades for about $50 or less

Abhrams

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I've had my 2019 Rebel for about a month now. I love upgrading my ride. So far I bought weathertech floor mats, an ATC hard folding tonneau cover and I installed nfab podium steps. There are lots of things I'd like to do but the big stuff gets expensive quick. Id like to see what kind of upgrades you guys are doing for about 50 bucks or less. For instance, I'd like to upgrade my bed lights to led, that's probably a fairly cheap upgrade. So let's hear what you guys are doing, hopefully we can get some great ideas!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Skater

Reaction score
Check out Waterfolwer41's Youtube channel and his video below for interior LED upgrades. He does a great job with video install instructions too.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say the following are my favorite under $50.
  1. Interior LED light swap kit
  2. Third brake like LED swap
  3. Additional rear backup lights (backup lights weren’t enough for my liking.)
  4. Husky mud flaps. Got a set for used price on amazon which was really just an opened box because they weren’t touched. Mopar flaps have some flaws such as holding water/mud.

DAFD3EEB-B193-4B8E-A5A4-E7487D55AEA3.jpeg 634058A2-802B-490F-8AC3-3B92561312B7.jpeg

BGC

Reaction score
LED swap is a good one. You may already have a dampened tailgate but if you are like me and didn’t, you can add a Mopar tailgate assist (basically a strut) to the tailgate for a way softer open and easier close-easy install. Best mod I’ve done for the $ Hands down.
Other smaller ideas I’ve done or have seen on here are for around 50 or less:

drop in K and L air filter
Front plate
Bumper plugs
Screen protector
Rear window decal
Rubber ram logo tow hitch cover
Center console organize
Covercraft UVS100 sunshade

Abhrams

Reaction score
can anyone point me to the thread with the third brake light led swap? Can't seem to find it. And thanks for all the ideas, they're good ones!

BGC

Reaction score
I can’t find the thread but if you search for lasfit that is what most on here seemed to go with. I ordered mine recently and awaiting delivery. Here is what almost seem to use.

Attachments

• 45F81700-0D90-448E-A623-DE6666C99A64.png
    45F81700-0D90-448E-A623-DE6666C99A64.png
    350 KB · Views: 237

Abhrams

Reaction score
Replace the dash speakers! It'll be the best bang for your buck you can spend.
Is there a thread you can point me to? I was looking for one. Also, no need for an amp or anything, just speakers?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BGC

Reaction score
I always wonder that too....I have the Alpine system and wonder if replacing the dash speakers are a no brainer also or if That is just for those with the base system.

Abhrams

Reaction score
So I found the thread(s). Seems simple and straightforward. One question I have is everyone replacing the center dash speaker too? If so is it also 3.5"?

SacRebel

Reaction score
So I found the thread(s). Seems simple and straightforward. One question I have is everyone replacing the center dash speaker too? If so is it also 3.5"?

If you have the basic 6-speaker system there is no center speaker, but yes it is 3.5”.

Any quality speaker will make a big difference in highs and overall clarity. I bought the JPL Club 3020 speakers and they dropped right in.

Abhrams

Reaction score
Man you guys were right. I just installed those $40 kicker 3.5s in the dash and it's a crazy improvement. I ordered mine from Crutchfield and they gave me the Chrysler harness and the 150 hz bass blockers free of charge. Super easy installation. Now I'm moving on to the interior lights.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Plastidipped emblems are a nice cheap upgrade. I did them with the black plastidip and added the glossifier on top...they look great and seems the glossifier will make them last longer too.

Most other mods have been well above $50, although I was able to pick up a sun screen for the windshield on here for about $50.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Also, I am still looking for a best solution for a handgun mount somewhere in the truck. Also, awaiting Tuffy Products to come out with a console safe that works with the Limited sliding center console...not sure they will ever release one though. May just buy the one for the other and modify it to fit. Really need a place to be able to lock the weapon, wallet, etc when needed.

Stony0604

Reaction score
Man you guys were right. I just installed those $40 kicker 3.5s in the dash and it's a crazy improvement. I ordered mine from Crutchfield and they gave me the Chrysler harness and the 150 hz bass blockers free of charge. Super easy installation. Now I'm moving on to the interior lights.

Which ones did you end up going with?

Abhrams

Reaction score
I went with these. Nice upgrade for 40 bucks. However the rep from Crutchfield sent me the wrong bass blockers so I'm getting a crackle when I turn it up loud. They're sending me the 600 hz blockers so that should fix the issue. Now I'm looking to upgrade my 6x9s but man there's so much info out there to sort through.

Stony0604

Reaction score
I went with these. Nice upgrade for 40 bucks. However the rep from Crutchfield sent me the wrong bass blockers so I'm getting a crackle when I turn it up loud. They're sending me the 600 hz blockers so that should fix the issue. Now I'm looking to upgrade my 6x9s but man there's so much info out there to sort through.

I'm a rookie when it comes to speakers. Were these just plug and play?

Abhrams

Reaction score
Yep. Just need the harness to plug into the stock speaker wire. If you order from Crutchfield they throw it in for free. Saves ya ten bucks

Users who are viewing this thread