5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrades for 2006 1500 Megacab.

3DVol

Reaction score
I'm going to be passing my 2006 1500 Megacab on to my son in the next year and am wondering if anyone has mad recent upgrades to their 3rd gens.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be passing my 2006 1500 Megacab on to my son in the next year and am wondering if anyone has mad recent upgrades to their 3rd gens.
Just a heads up for you. I see you ordered a 2500.

And although your Mega Cab is listed 1500....it is actually using 2500 running gear.

We have a site for Heavy duty Ram trucks.

It is our sister site... www.hdrams.com

And with the questions about your 3rd Gen...you may want to check out www.ramforum.com

All that said. What kinda mods are you looking at. The neat thing about the 3rd Gen is that 1500 and 2500 trucks share most all components except running gear and frame.

And just as an ongoing joke...your 2022 isn't a Dodge anymore...sure wish it was...lol

3DVol

Reaction score
Thanks. I knew some of the facts about the 2006 1500 Megacab, but not all. This article was very informative:
I am on both the 5thGen and HD forums, just under different user names. I am jambram over there. When i signed up, I didn't realize they were connected sites.
Mostly thinking of updating the radio, adding a backup camera and maybe parking sensors if that can be done. I need to replace the driver seat cushion and cover and have found them on Amazon, I think, but am open to other reputable sources. The rest of the upholstery, carpet and floor mats need a good cleaning and may need to be replaced as well. The interior drivers door panel is pretty beat up, but i have not looked into it yet. I had the headlight lenses cleaned and polished by a friend who does that sort of thing a few weeks ago, and the results weren't perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread