5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded stereo

anthonyd68

Reaction score
hey everyone I have a 2019 bighorn and I did a total overhaul on my stereo system. I wanted to give some advice and ask a few questions.

My equipment . Rockford fosgate component speakers front and back. The one I purchased had the crossover built onto the midrange speaker very easy install. And they fit in the front doors. (Very very tight area) $159 each

A rockford 4 channel amp 80rms each channel. $300

Kicker 3.5 dash speakers $60

I found a t harness that plugs to the factory radio in the back and has roads for amps so I didn't have to use a line output converter. It was $350

2 skar vd 10 shallow mount subs in a plain Jane under seat carpeted sub enclosure (sealed) subs where $90 a piece sub enclosure was $60

Jl audio 1000x1 mono amp for subs $1200

Big 3 wires stinger 0/1 Guage stinger rca's to both amps and i bought a cheap bass knob. I installed some connection blocks fuses power distribution blocks as well. Wires $420

And last but not least sound deadening 1 box $70 on Amazon 3/16 thick.

So I gutted the interior and sound deadened everything ran all my wires correctly rcas away from power and ground. I mounted the speaker amp under drivers seat. And the subwoofer amp on the bottom of the enclosure. And I shimmed the seat 1/2 inch

I'm using the factory 8.4" radio. At a low volume I hear a little hiss . Its not a whine or high pitch it doesn't change or get worse its just a steady low static at low volume or turned all the way down completly liveable and toleratable.

Id like to buy a vented sub enclosure I want that deep base my seal enclosure is awesome trust me it would blow your mind but I want that air flow and deepness of a ported box. I like the kicket LTs in the frostbite enclosure but I have a feeling being a shallow sub the comp r would be a better choice.

Any advice? And what amp would you run the comp rs or LTs?

Mikey85

Reaction score
Where’d you get the T harness from that plugs behind the radio

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
hey everyone I have a 2019 bighorn and I did a total overhaul on my stereo system. I wanted to give some advice and ask a few questions.

My equipment . Rockford fosgate component speakers front and back. The one I purchased had the crossover built onto the midrange speaker very easy install. And they fit in the front doors. (Very very tight area) $159 each

A rockford 4 channel amp 80rms each channel. $300

Kicker 3.5 dash speakers $60

I found a t harness that plugs to the factory radio in the back and has roads for amps so I didn't have to use a line output converter. It was $350

2 skar vd 10 shallow mount subs in a plain Jane under seat carpeted sub enclosure (sealed) subs where $90 a piece sub enclosure was $60

Jl audio 1000x1 mono amp for subs $1200

Big 3 wires stinger 0/1 Guage stinger rca's to both amps and i bought a cheap bass knob. I installed some connection blocks fuses power distribution blocks as well. Wires $420

And last but not least sound deadening 1 box $70 on Amazon 3/16 thick.

So I gutted the interior and sound deadened everything ran all my wires correctly rcas away from power and ground. I mounted the speaker amp under drivers seat. And the subwoofer amp on the bottom of the enclosure. And I shimmed the seat 1/2 inch

I'm using the factory 8.4" radio. At a low volume I hear a little hiss . Its not a whine or high pitch it doesn't change or get worse its just a steady low static at low volume or turned all the way down completly liveable and toleratable.

Id like to buy a vented sub enclosure I want that deep base my seal enclosure is awesome trust me it would blow your mind but I want that air flow and deepness of a ported box. I like the kicket LTs in the frostbite enclosure but I have a feeling being a shallow sub the comp r would be a better choice.

Any advice? And what amp would you run the comp rs or LTs?
Any Pictures of the sub box?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup, well done!

I recently installed a full system as well. I used PAC Ampro interface. Its been installed for a few weeks now with no issues, but just this weekend I noticed a similar noise when the volume is at zero. You cant hear it at any other volume, not a hiss, almost like pink noise or something. Im not sure if it did it from the beginning and im just noticing it now, or if its developed recently. Also had the same setup in my 2014 Ram with same interface and never noticed this noise.

Did you use the integrated grounding lug that is under the rear seat for E-Torque rams? Mine is non-etorque so I used that grounding lug.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or has any suggestions that could help OP and myself.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread