5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded dash speakers on HK system....

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I’d spring for the infinity dash speaker upgrade for my HK system. Wow. What a difference with much crisper and cleaner notes. It also really compliments the stock door panel speakers now since the door carries more mid and lower tones. When I compared the 2 as far as sound goes, the HK speakers sounded horrible. Flat, monotone, not crisp at all. Comparing the 2 physically, I’d be embarrassed to show off the HK speaker and call it a quality piece. I suspect ram paid Harman for licensing the name, but harman did not give them quality pieces.

8ddbe334de501241e50f0eac6180779b.jpg

5d5915ae0748f7550a5cea23d398fb4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e55amg2

Reaction score
I wonder if it'd be worth doing the ones in the rear headliner and the center with this. I've also got the 19 speaker HK system

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it'd be worth doing the ones in the rear headliner and the center with this. I've also got the 19 speaker HK system

Are the rear headliner speakers easy to replace? Crutchfield website suggests not screwing with them. Curious if they’re screwed or glued to the headliner. With rams we risk ruining our 3rd brake light seals!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is funny how the system sounds to different people.

I have had numerous people tell me the stock system is amazing and so much better than their vehicle...and these people have premium audio upgrades in their vehicles.

I had the premium B&O in my 2019 Mustang GT and it was no where near as nice as the HK....

myles

Reaction score
Are the rear headliner speakers easy to replace? Crutchfield website suggests not screwing with them. Curious if they’re screwed or glued to the headliner. With rams we risk ruining our 3rd brake light seals!

the 2 speakers in the rear headliner are easy to replace, just pop out the plastic with a flat tool, you're going to have to pry pretty hard, unscrew the old speaker and pop in a new one. takes all of 10 minutes for both sides.

When I did it, I just cut off the old wires and crimped on blade connectors and it worked good

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the 2 speakers in the rear headliner are easy to replace, just pop out the plastic with a flat tool, you're going to have to pry pretty hard, unscrew the old speaker and pop in a new one. takes all of 10 minutes for both sides.

When I did it, I just cut off the old wires and crimped on blade connectors and it worked good

From inside the cabin or through the 3rd brake light? Thanks

robwah

Reaction score
Did you use wiring harness or cut wires and use blade connectors? If wiring harness which did you use?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you use wiring harness or cut wires and use blade connectors? If wiring harness which did you use?

I used these.....Amazon didn’t have the Metra which are a bit cheaper, but the speakers were 30.00 less than through Crutchfield so I was still money ahead.
375e745d521be0b07fb346283a8d39cf.jpg

myles

Reaction score
From inside the cabin or through the 3rd brake light? Thanks

Sorry for the late replay, but from inside, the plastic just pops right out and you’ll see the speaker

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the late replay, but from inside, the plastic just pops right out and you’ll see the speaker

Tried to replace the rear headliner speakers and of course the infinity 3025 are not oriented in a good way to mount. Bulky magnet and the connect prongs don’t make it easy. Will probably need to drill new holes in the plastic mount plate to make it work. Tomrws project.

Nsm42

Reaction score
Tried to replace the rear headliner speakers and of course the infinity 3025 are not oriented in a good way to mount. Bulky magnet and the connect prongs don’t make it easy. Will probably need to drill new holes in the plastic mount plate to make it work. Tomrws project.

Assuming you meant 3032? I ran into the same issue. I did end up drilling the holes in the plastic to mount them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/