5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded Brakes

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Anyone aware of any aftermarket brake upgrade on the market for the 5th gen 1500s yet? Im surprised how many sites say there is something but their look up tool is wrong and always goes back to the classic when though you dont pick the classic

FishOn

Reaction score
PowerStop Z36 kit. Rotors and pads from RockAuto for ~$400.
20201201_160303.jpg
20210114_181148.jpg

Miyagido

Reaction score
PowerStop Z36 kit. Rotors and pads from RockAuto for ~$400.
View attachment 85463
View attachment 85464
@FishOn, are these the front and rear for $400? I've been checking RockAuto for this complete set (front and rear kit) but they don't give a price and just say out of stock. I've been on the notification list for when they come in. Just wanted to at least know the price even if they are out of stock currently. Thanks @FishOn!

FishOn

Reaction score
@FishOn, are these the front and rear for $400? I've been checking RockAuto for this complete set (front and rear kit) but they don't give a price and just say out of stock. I've been on the notification list for when they come in. Just wanted to at least know the price even if they are out of stock currently. Thanks @FishOn!
Full kit, I think it was $404 w/out shipping. Front/rear rotors and pads.

Miyagido

Reaction score
Awesome! Yeah, I thought those would be the ones to get once they are back in stock at RockAuto.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than looks, how are these better brakes? Slots and holes help fade (heat dissipation) and water dispersion but actually slightly reduce dry stopping power (until heat becomes a factor from repeated application).

I want the truck to stop in shorter distance when braking from highway speeds, especially when towing. Meaning my use case is initial (cold) brake force.

is the rotor or pad material somehow an improvement?

are there any bigger brake options (maybe from another vehicle) ?

Jim N

Reaction score
On my previous truck I had rotor warpage problems at 5,000 mile. When I upgraded to the Power Stop never had to replace the rotors again. Replaced pads but never rotors.

FishOn

Reaction score
Other than looks, how are these better brakes? Slots and holes help fade (heat dissipation) and water dispersion but actually slightly reduce dry stopping power (until heat becomes a factor from repeated application).

I want the truck to stop in shorter distance when braking from highway speeds, especially when towing. Meaning my use case is initial (cold) brake force.

is the rotor or pad material somehow an improvement?

are there any bigger brake options (maybe from another vehicle) ?
I tend to drive this more like a lowered Civic in the hills, so the brakes would start to fade when I was really romping the throttle between the curves.... So far, I haven't noticed it once with the PS kit.

Users who are viewing this thread