5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded 5" Screen U-Connect 3 to 8.4" U-Connect 5 Have A Problem

mike7050

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn that came with a 5" I believe U-Connect 3, and I upgraded to a U-Connect 5 8.4" screen with an infotainment adapter harness. Everything works great except for the VR (voice recognition) and the answer/ hangup buttons on the steering wheel. I also added a steering wheel with radio buttons on the back, and they don't work either. An OBD2 scanner shows the body control module recognizes when I push them, but the radio doesn't recognize the buttons being pushed at all. I am wondering if I need some kind of programming to make the buttons work. If anyone has any knowledge on this I would greatly appreciate your help... TIA!

akostaac

Reaction score
My 2022 truck came with Uconnect 5 8.4 non nav and the VR/Answer/Hang up only works when connected to your phone through the radio. On my case since I use an iphone when you press VR siri will come on. Without a phone the VR does nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread