5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade to 12.1 u connect screen

Rebelman2020

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 2020 Rebel with 8.4 screen in it. I want to upgrade to 12.1 screen. Is this possible? Also i know most of it is plug n play but do I need any additional wite harness or programming?

mkling

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 2020 Rebel with 8.4 screen in it. I want to upgrade to 12.1 screen. Is this possible? Also i know most of it is plug n play but do I need any additional wite harness or programming?
Yes. Look at the 5th gen Uconnect section. Lots over there on making the change.
I might know someone looking for a good working 8.4 unit when your done with the swap.

Rebelman2020

Reaction score
Ok sounds good. I will definitely let you lnow when I get done making the switch over. I just want to make sure its possible to do that.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And, you can upgrade to the Uconnect 5 one if you want to.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you will find your answer here

mkling

Reaction score
Awesome. I just ordered the 12” screen. Crossing my fingers this works!
Dang you move fast lol.
It will work fine. Just read up on it. Look up some YouTube videos. Make sure you get the right bezel.

Users who are viewing this thread