5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade my truck

Son Of Man

Reaction score
I have a 2019 limited looking to upgrade my exhausted and brake systems
looking for a shop in NY If I am going to pay them dealers prices, I want to upgrade my truck

John Galt

Reaction score
What are you looking to do? If you just want to replace and upgrade pads it’s super easy to do. actually upgrading brake calipers with an ABS/ESC/sway/roll control system not sure it’s a good idea to mess with it.

rotors aren’t hard to replace either you just have to make sure your new rotors aren’t crap and won’t warp after a few heat cycles.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram has probably the best brakes of any truck. If you are looking to upgrade, don't go to some rinky-dink shop that's going to bolt on random parts. Make sure the parts that are used are engineered to work together. You can probably find a system from Brembo or Wilwood, but you are looking at thousands of dollars. Unless you are doing some extreme competition, it's probably not worth it. Exhaust on the other hand, there are plenty of aftermarket systems out there that any shop can install.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why bother upgrading the brakes?
Borla makes good exhausts.
You can install yourself also, they use clamps not welds and have a "million mile warranty"

John Galt

Reaction score
Why bother upgrading the brakes?
Borla makes good exhausts.
You can install yourself also, they use clamps not welds and have a "million mile warranty"
Had a Borla on my WRX many moons ago. Fantastic quality great sound and not too hard to install yourself with a set of ramps.

Can’t comment on the million miles thing but I did put over 100K on it without problems.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Had a Borla on my WRX many moons ago. Fantastic quality great sound and not too hard to install yourself with a set of ramps.

Can’t comment on the million miles thing but I did put over 100K on it without problems.

I don't think you would ever need to use it, that's the whole point of why they include it.
They give you the document when you order the exhaust, along with a hat and some other goodies.

John Galt

Reaction score

I don't think you would ever need to use it, that's the whole point of why they include it.
They give you the document when you order the exhaust, along with a hat and some other goodies.
Yup. That was my point.

Users who are viewing this thread