5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I see so many people that are having issues go in and get an update to this or that. Is there a way to know if our trucks are running with the latest installed updates? Are all updates through the uconnect or is it separate computer modules in the truck itself? Can the dealers service department check and make sure everything is up to date or do you need something wrong first?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't think to update something that is functioning as it should. If you have specific issues other than the radio, then yes, they are updated individually by the dealer. Example, poor shifting or rough starts.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see so many people that are having issues go in and get an update to this or that. Is there a way to know if our trucks are running with the latest installed updates? Are all updates through the uconnect or is it separate computer modules in the truck itself? Can the dealers service department check and make sure everything is up to date or do you need something wrong first?

I've got no answers, but I'm following this thread. I've been wondering the same thing regarding the trans flash people talked about smoothing out shifting. I notice a bit of rougher shifting the first few gears, but since I've never had a truck I don't know if that's normal or not.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone suspects something isn't %100 on their truck... go to your dealer and have them check it out!

Honestly, posting here or phoning the dealer to see if updates are available for something that may or may not be an issue will get you nowhere and frustrated.

Go to the dealership, shake some hands and talk about your truck and how you feel in it. At least they can look at the issues you think you might have and confirm first hand if there is something they can do.

This is how witch hunts start. One owner gets a real issue resolved and 17 others all of a sudden hear UPDATE and start feeling weird things in their trans.

Unless you have a Witech system in your garage, talk to your service rep in person.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone suspects something isn't %100 on their truck... go to your dealer and have them check it out!

Honestly, posting here or phoning the dealer to see if updates are available for something that may or may not be an issue will get you nowhere and frustrated.

Go to the dealership, shake some hands and talk about your truck and how you feel in it. At least they can look at the issues you think you might have and confirm first hand if there is something they can do.

This is how witch hunts start. One owner gets a real issue resolved and 17 others all of a sudden hear UPDATE and start feeling weird things in their trans.

Unless you have a Witech system in your garage, talk to your service rep in person.

How do I get a Witech system for my garage? :p

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with my truck, but if a newer version of component software is out there, why wouldn't you want to get it. To me it makes sense. Plus, I don't notice every little thing. If something goes out over time, I may not catch it. I'd feel better knowing I have the best version of my truck. I'll have to keep in touch with my dealer as someone suggested.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with my truck, but if a newer version of component software is out there, why wouldn't you want to get it. To me it makes sense. Plus, I don't notice every little thing. If something goes out over time, I may not catch it. I'd feel better knowing I have the best version of my truck. I'll have to keep in touch with my dealer as someone suggested.

I view it similar to the delivery checklist on this site. I might not have even looked for some of that stuff when I picked mine up. However, I'd rather have the info available to me and I'm glad I was able to check stuff on the front end. I'd rather be proactive than reactive.

LaRamie

Reaction score
I agree with @VaderRebel, and in addition to that, just keep active on here with what others are experiencing and share your experiences. If something pops up and FCA comes out with an update for an issue watch for it on here and if you have the same issue take it in then. I believe there's a list on here for TSBs which most reflashes will fall under unless it's something more serious, keep an eye there also.

Users who are viewing this thread