5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATED: Truxedo TruxPort tonneau cover with Ramboxes

OldCheyenne

Reaction score
Update....01/11/2022
Truxedo did not have a solution. Said that the popping sound and pressure to open and close should not be a problem. I give them credit for their customer service working with me to find a solution.

After viewing some You Tube videos of other tonneau cover vendors, saw one where they took off the silver bed rail and applied a 1/16 " self adhesive tape rubber gasket to the silver bed rail to make it waterproof. This tonneau was not for a Truxedo cover. Tried this and then removed the stiff rubber gasket from the Truxedo rail (easily slides out).

I now have a completely waterproof solution. Rambox does not bind and will stay open on its own. Rubber adhesive tape cost $25 from Amazon.

Problem solved. Now have a good tonneau cover that works with ramboxes and mft for less than $300.

===========================================================================================================

Just installed Truxedo TruxPort model # 284901 on my 2022 Ram 1500 with ramboxes. Everything finally installed correctly and looks great. Except the Ramboxes bind on the tonneau cover rail rubber flange and will not open properly with out forcing them. Forcing them puts an enormous strain on the rambox covers, which I suspect would eventually break the rambox cover. The 2 pictures attached show where it is binding on the rubber flange of the tonneau cover rail and the other picture shows how far open you can open the rambox cover before it requires pressure to force it. The cover will not stay open at this angle and requires one hand to hold the cover up while using the rambox. Obviously this will not work.

Looking for anyone that has this same tonneau cover with ramboxes. Do your ramboxes bind? Is it due to my truck being a 2022? Is there a work around to solve this problem?

I know there are other tonneau covers that work fine with the ramboxes, but they cost substantially more than the TruxPort at $260. Bought this model because I estimated I only would need to open cover once per month to haul something that needed the cover open. I use the ramboxes multiple times per week. I can use the bed without the cover being opened for the majority of my use.

I have a call in to Truxedo about this problem, but will be next week before I hear from them. I'll update with their response when I get it.

Attachments

• RB1.jpg
    RB1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13
  • RB2.jpg
    RB2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread