5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated Mopar Mudflaps?

troymi

Reaction score
Didn't find anyone mention this. I ordered some new mudflaps from an Amazon seller. Front and back set. Of course the fronts someone had bought and returned for whatever reason and they poached a part out of the set.

My question is this: Did Mopar update the package? These show made in 2020 (fronts in January, rears in May). They all have a molded foam insert in the molded plastic mudflap. Before, there was never a molded foam insert. Anyone else get this? I'll post pics later.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They started adding these foam inserts as they mudflaps would fill with mud, water, and leaves and the drain at the bottom would get clogged. So you'd drive around with a mudflap full of water. Word of caution also; when I had mopar flaps they didn't have clear film to protect the paint and they rubbed on it resulting in some marks. If you choose to still install them I would get some xpel or 3M paint protection. Here is another thread about this issue: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/mopar-mud-flaps-think-again.15036/

Users who are viewing this thread