5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have the tools for the install, I was wondering if a dealership should be able to do it in 4-5 hours?
That should be more than enough time. The install is relatively simple pending you have the right tools. At a shop with a lift, they should be able to breeze through it. The most difficult part is disassembling/reassembling the front struts. The rear shouldn't take but about 30-45 minutes. When I installed my level kit, I had an extra set of hands helping me and we were done in three hours. This is with a floor jack and jackstands crawling around on the ground. I didn't have to disassemble the strut assembly, but a shop will have the tools to make that easy.

EJ84

Reaction score
That should be more than enough time. The install is relatively simple pending you have the right tools. At a shop with a lift, they should be able to breeze through it. The most difficult part is disassembling/reassembling the front struts. The rear shouldn't take but about 30-45 minutes. When I installed my level kit, I had an extra set of hands helping me and we were done in three hours. This is with a floor jack and jackstands crawling around on the ground. I didn't have to disassemble the strut assembly, but a shop will have the tools to make that easy.
Thanks for the info, I’ll try another dealership I questioned the time and they said it’s a solid 8 hour job

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM 1500 RWD Laramie w/o air suspension, and ordered part# 77072424AC from a dealership in Georgia. They emailed me and said that they could not confirm the fitment on my truck. Any reason why this would not work on my truck?

Thank You,
Purcy

Thanks for the info, I’ll try another dealership I questioned the time and they said it’s a solid 8 hour job
Sounds a little high for labor. No way it should take a dealer more than 6-8 hours for install. Check out this thread....

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I just checked with the dealer who quoted me $1900 for the lift installed, they are now telling me it’s $1350 for the lift and $1300 for the install that it’s a 1-2 day job.
Is 4-5 hours a reasonable amount of time to install the lift?
I was charged $900 for install by a local shop including the alignment and I thought that was even a little high but I wanted it done right. I personally think 1300 sounds high.

EJ84

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

They told me 1-2 days for a total of $1,500 labor, once I questioned it they dropped it to a full 8 hour day and $1,350. Planning to call around to get some other prices.

EJ84

Reaction score
Spoke with another dealer they want $1,200 I can’t believe they get away with charging that.
I saw on another local dealers website that shows the lift and installation $1,950 I reached out to them just waiting to hear back.
anyone know if the mopar coupon for accessories covers the lift kit

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spoke with another dealer they want $1,200 I can’t believe they get away with charging that.
I saw on another local dealers website that shows the lift and installation $1,950 I reached out to them just waiting to hear back.
It should. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I used it for the Ram Airflow.

rugerjw

Reaction score
The coupon does cover the lift kit but a maximum 200 dollar discount if i remember right. My local dealer said 5 to 6 hours and they only charge 75 an hour for accessory install. Those prices you are getting quoted are way too high.

eproulx38

Reaction score
My dealer accepted the Mopar coupon for me. Here's my quote and it was $200 less than the quote because of the coupon. Dealer also charged a discounted labor rate of 80 an hour for accessories. It was 4 hours of labor... but they added 1 hour labor for the front off road springs to be added. They also matched the best online price I could find on the tires I got. It took longer than expected so they gave me a loaner vehicle for the night and didn't charge any extra labor. No complaints about the my dealership at all. It came out perfect

Attachments

• ram lift quote.jpg
    ram lift quote.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 155

eproulx38

Reaction score
Couple more

Attachments

• 20200622_204024.jpg
    20200622_204024.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200622_204042.jpg
    20200622_204042.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 186

EJ84

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. Looks perfect, I have the same truck and planning to do something very similar. How bad did it affect your MPG? Are you happy with the ride quality?

eproulx38

Reaction score
Thank you! I installed the hellwig sway bar for lifted trucks on it so the steering feels like stock. I feel like I can feel the bumps a little more than stock but is still a smoother ride than my gmc sierra was.
I don't know about the mpg reduction. I only average 6000 miles a year so I never pay attention to it.

Azango

Reaction score
I doubt 4-5 hours doing it at home, really depends if you have all the tools available and multiple jacks. without rushing 6-8 hours maybe
I paid for 4 hours labor at the dealership. The part on any Mopar site says 4-5hours to install. Sound like they are trying to rob you. Might want to check a different dealer

EJ84

Reaction score
I paid for 4 hours labor at the dealership. The part on any Mopar site says 4-5hours to install. Sound like they are trying to rob you. Might want to check a different dealer
I brought that up to the first dealer and was told that was only for warranty work, which doesn’t make sense to me.

Lights Out

Reaction score
I get what they are saying. they aren't willing to do the work at the suggested rate. some dealers always have to fluff and gouge. Im in the process of getting a lift and there is definitely alot of factors to consider

AK11

Reaction score
Would having somebody other than a dealership install the Mopar lift void any warranties if the person installing it was still ASE certified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex5737

Reaction score
Well I just checked with the dealer who quoted me $1900 for the lift installed, they are now telling me it’s $1350 for the lift and $1300 for the install that it’s a 1-2 day job.
Is 4-5 hours a reasonable amount of time to install the lift?
Find a different dealer. I found the lift on line from a dealer in Detroit. Paid around 1k for it and 600 or 640 for instal at a dealer. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread