5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update

Ducky5

Reaction score
Drove my truck to a friends house and shut it off. The radio stayed on (weird) so I look at the screen and it says there’s an update available. I clicked update and everything turned off. I was only at the house for 10-15 minutes and when I left nothing on the screen was on, completely black for my whole 30 minute drive home.

Is this normal? Anyone know how long this update takes or what I did wrong/how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let it sit for a while and check again.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know when mine started but while driving the screen went blank and then re-booted so I assumed they pushed and update. Have not checked it out yet.

switters

Reaction score
I'm having a ton of problems with my radio—unresponsive screen, blank screen, etc. I took it to the dealer yesterday. They said a new OTA update is available for my vehicle (2022 Rebel 1500). But despite starting it up several times right in front of my house, where the internet connection is strong, I haven't seen anything notifying me of an update and asking me to install or schedule.

Jaywiersma

Reaction score
Drove my truck to a friends house and shut it off. The radio stayed on (weird) so I look at the screen and it says there’s an update available. I clicked update and everything turned off. I was only at the house for 10-15 minutes and when I left nothing on the screen was on, completely black for my whole 30 minute drive home.

Is this normal? Anyone know how long this update takes or what I did wrong/how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same thing just happened to me. Did the update , it got to 81% and flickered, turned off and never turned back on. Tried to do all the resets I've read about but nothing has worked.

switters

Reaction score
I just got my Rebel a week ago. It's a 2022, but I bought it used with 200 miles on it. I've had issues with the screen starting on the drive home from the lot. Took it to the dealer a couple of days ago, and they said this update would fix it. Maybe, maybe not.

They suggested scheduling the update for late at night (2 am or something), because it can take up to 1.5 hours to complete. I wonder if it didn't have a chance to finish up in some of your cases?

Jaywiersma

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me. Did the update , it got to 81% and flickered, turned off and never turned back on. Tried to do all the resets I've read about but nothing has worked.
Started it up this morning and the screen turned on so looks like it just needed some time

Ducky5

Reaction score
Yep, issue fixed itself. Let it sit in the driveway for about an hour (unlocked if that matters) while I was cooking. Started it back up and got the Welcome screen with an option to see all the new updates.

Hopefully it works out with everyone else. I wish there was an easier way to see the progress like my 2015 had. I didn't get a progress bar or anything which sucks.

waltzy23

Reaction score
Having similar issues mentioned with my 2022 Ram 12" screen (goes black randomly, icons disappear, volume knob stops working, screen unresponsive, screen starts selecting random programs...). Still haven't gotten the update that my dealer told me would fix it...also haven't had the latest update yet. Hope this fixes it.....not impressed with the infotainment in the $80k truck.

Ducky5

Reaction score
Having similar issues mentioned with my 2022 Ram 12" screen (goes black randomly, icons disappear, volume knob stops working, screen unresponsive, screen starts selecting random programs...). Still haven't gotten the update that my dealer told me would fix it...also haven't had the latest update yet. Hope this fixes it.....not impressed with the infotainment in the $80k truck.
I'm with you. My only complaint is my wireless CarPlay works only when it wants to. Kinda frustrating.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm with you. My only complaint is my wireless CarPlay works only when it wants to. Kinda frustrating.
My CarPlay sometimes takes a few minutes to connect but once it does it’s been working fine. Wondering if I have the latest update? Just got my truck a few days ago.

B6C02C4F-B964-4FD0-A7A6-AE6C65763412.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My CarPlay sometimes takes a few minutes to connect but once it does it’s been working fine. Wondering if I have the latest update? Just got my truck a few days ago.

View attachment 132151
That’s the version before this latest update.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s the version before this latest update.
Kinda figured it wasn’t the latest. My truck was stuck in a shipping yard for almost a month.

liq001

Reaction score
Does anybody knows if the lastest update fix the black screen issue?

Users who are viewing this thread