5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update USB not working

spinxt

Reaction score
I recently received an UConnect update directly from FCA (18.45.xx). When I put the update in the USB 1 port, nothing happened. Has anyone else received this update and had success getting it to install?

spinxt

Reaction score
What you mean by directly from FCA?
I mean I was mailed an envelope directly from FCA with a letter stating my Uconnect needed updated. With the letter they included a USB drive with the software update. Unfortunately it will not load when inserted in any of the USB ports. I even when as far as copying the files to another usb drive. That didn’t work either.

GaryT

Reaction score
I got the same disposable USB update for my Challenger. It took a few minutes for anything to happen once I installed the drive and with the way it is made it was tough to figure which direction was correct.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
So you guys received a usb drive in the mail and you actually put it into your truck before verifying it came from FCA?

This is called social engineering and we use these types of things when pentesting businesses, etc. Never...ever....plug a found media device into anything you own unless or until you have verified that it is safe and you're sure of where it originated. It's ridiculously easy to create paperwork that appears to have come from anywhere. Be careful.

spinxt

Reaction score
So you guys received a usb drive in the mail and you actually put it into your truck before verifying it came from FCA?

This is called social engineering and we use these types of things when pentesting businesses, etc. Never...ever....plug a found media device into anything you own unless or until you have verified that it is safe and you're sure of where it originated. It's ridiculously easy to create paperwork that appears to have come from anywhere. Be careful.
It’s legit....I called FCA/ Unconnect. They also did it several times for my 14’ Grand Cherokee.
Man you must live a fearful life. I feel sorry for you...not everyone in the world is out to get you.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
It’s legit....I called FCA/ Unconnect. They also did it several times for my 14’ Grand Cherokee.
Man you must live a fearful life. I feel sorry for you...not everyone in the world is out to get you.
Good for you! When we run a social engineering event we usually see 90% or more participate without confirmation. Seems you've been paying attention. You get a cookie!

I get paid truckloads of money to be "fearful" for others. Data Security has been very, very good to myself and my company. I'm the last guy you want to feel sorry for.

spinxt

Reaction score
Good for you! When we run a social engineering event we usually see 90% or more participate without confirmation. Seems you've been paying attention. You get a cookie!

I get paid truckloads of money to be "fearful" for others. Data Security has been very, very good to myself and my company. I'm the last guy you want to feel sorry for.
You have offered zero value to this thread. If you don’t have a solution for me, why post at all? Shouldn’t you be counting your truckloads of money?

Users who are viewing this thread