5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update problem for 12”

Ramron

Reaction score
I had an update show up on my screen for my 12” when I was turning off the truck. I pushed the update and nothing happened. I went into work and came out a few hours later. Started the truck and the 12” was unresponsive. I took it into my dealer and they were not able to get it going again. They are replacing the whole unit. Be aware if this pops up on your screen. It might be better to take it into the dealer and have them do the update.

STR

Reaction score
Does it give you the choice to accept or decline the update?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told people here the other day not to do the update! I was told the radios are on like 2 month backorder.

Bchbnd

Reaction score
I also updated mine and now it will not ring or replay text messages from my iPhone. Everything else seems to be working OK.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I am waiting for a new unit, I was having some minor issues, and was told last week should take a week to get one. I can still use everything, but I guess it will be more than a week after reading this !

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was lucky as my update was successful but it took overnight for it to give me the update successful message. It was in the garage when attempting it and I think it must help to be outdoors.

Ramron

Reaction score
If it’s just stuck in Sirius loading and the volume frozen there’s a work around.
I don’t have the truck. It’s in the shop. On mine, the whole screen power was off. They couldn’t get it to come on either. They had to do a Stars report to get approval. They have ordered me a whole new unit. I’m going to call my service writer tomorrow To make sure that the 2 month rumors aren’t true. If so, I will file a report and have them get one faster.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I let mine do the update before I saw this thread about so many having issues. It seems to have worked OK. (This was the first I'd been prompted to update since buying the truck in Dec, 2019)
But now I'm back where I started when I bought the truck, about half the time it goes back to playing the CD instead of Sirius which was the source when I shut the truck off. Fought that for several months, then just started working better.
Also been having a lot of little beeps I didn't get before. Finally figured out most of those are when an alert for a song/artist pops us when listening to Sirius, didn't do that before, Also get a option on Sirius to "Start Over" a song when I switch to another channel (So far that hasn't' worked to well).
Not sure what else the update did but's that's all I notices.
FWIW, I did the update while my truck was sitting outside and wasn't' used for about 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/